Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1

vents leaking

I know i read something about this a while ago but couldn't find it. The vents in my bedroom and in my bathroom have moisture condensation issues. The water seems to collect somewhere and comes out in a stream whenever the vent is bumped or opened. Any help?
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

I've never had this problem but I have vent covers so they might help.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:06 AM   #3

RV condensation in the winter is a pretty common problem. Cooking, showing and washing dishes can add moisture into the small area of an RV. You can try different methods to see if one will work for you. Crack open vents when cooking and showering. If you do not have double pane windows you can use shrink wrap plastic on the inside to help keep out cold air, which will contribute to the forming of condensation. Another more radical option is to cut a piece of insulation and place it inside of the vent and then you can cover with shrink wrap plastic to seal it off. The use of electric heaters such as the fireplace and a standalone unit can help reduce moisture. Lastly you could always run a small dehumidifier. Hopefully your moisture leak is not coming from the outside around the vent. You may want to make an inspection on the roof.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod123 View Post
I know i read something about this a while ago but couldn't find it. The vents in my bedroom and in my bathroom have moisture condensation issues. The water seems to collect somewhere and comes out in a stream whenever the vent is bumped or opened. Any help?
I'm assuming you're talking about the Maxxair vents? We had this problem for just a few short days when it was really cold outside (single digits to teens) and it was warm inside. That was the only time we've had an issue like that.