Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
lwg

Used Redwood pricing question

We finally are buying a house and have decided we won't need the spacious Redwood with the new house. We'll be downsizing to something a little more portable for us to use in state parks and off the grid camping. That being said I'm trying to get a good idea how to price our Redwood. I looked it up via NADA and the prices shown seem crazy, it lists the low end as $80K (Which I would take and deliver anywhere in the US for!), however I expect that's not remotely realistic.

If I look at RV Trader prices are all over the place as well. The other component I'm struggling with is whether to leave in my added options (beyond factory) in the RV to sell it. i.e. Leave the Full Coach Reverse Osmosis, 300W Solar, 6V Lifeline AGM batts and Sleepnumber bed in the RV or not...

Not sure how much the Redwood list price increase and general increase in the industry pricing is affecting used RV prices. I would think it would help but can't be sure.

Thoughts and advice gladly accepted!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #2
Site Team

You'll find that if you have time to sell it yourself you'll be MUCH better off. During any type of trade, they won't give you anything for options even if they were installed by the factory. Most of the dealers would only allow me 40k for my Redwood. I did end up getting more out of it but it was a real fight along the way.

You might try selling the Redwood as is with everything on it for a while because you might find the perfect buyer but be prepared to strip it out.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #3

The NADA leaves a lot to be desired on what is the true value. It does give lenders an idea as far as what they will loan on one but to a buyer it is like paying full MSRP if one payed the Average Retail Cost. Case in point is my 2012 36RL. The image below is NADA's values. Keep in mind that NADA does not allow one to add Disc brakes or G tires and they were pricey options at the time. At the time I could have bought a new FL model for 74K plus taxes but it did not have the G tires and Disc brakes that I wanted. I figured with taxes I would be approaching 80K which is a lot more than I wanted to spend. I paid 56K for mine and at that time I thought I paid too much. At the time I bought mine I believe low Retail was actually 64K. In GA we pay no sales tax if purchased from a private owner so that was a plus as well.

I think your actual sale price may end up being less than the 80K. However, I think a lot will depend on your location and availability to purchase used RW's near you. The local dealer was real curious as to how I found a used one where I live. At the time I bought mine there was only 2 2012 36RL's in the country for sale with full body paint and mine was the only one with disc brakes and G tires. I think you will have a lot of interest and your added options may end up being a real plus in your sale!

[IMG]ttp://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/members/1278-albums56-picture505.png[/IMG]
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote