Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Site Team

has anybody else noticed any unusual tire wear? On my RL (with G tires) I noticed that the tires on the drivers side are showing bad wear. The rear tire is wearing bad on the outside edge and the front tire is showing wear on the inside edge.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #2

We had a similar problem, Redwood replaced one axel. After returning home, I had ocean grove rv in saint augustine accomplish a laser alignment on the coach, they stated alignment was within acceptable standards.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #3

Dave,
I haven't noticed any wear but have only about 4500 miles. on them. I know you've put on a lot of miles, is this something that has showed up recently? I guess my first thought would be to take it to a good alignment shop and have the axles, alignment, and suspension checked.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #4

In addition to that, check your wheel bearings. We had three bad ones and needed to replace them. Then re-pack them. Also recommend that you get your tires balanced. They come from the factory unbalanced.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #5

Have the bearings checked also. If have had them repacked they may not of gotten them tight when reinstalling them.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #6

Dave give me a call and we can discuss
Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #7

Dave lift your coach up so there is hardly any pressure on the axles. Then check to see if you can push the tire on one of the axels. Most likely the plastic bushings in the springs are shot allowing the axles to move front to back. i bet you will notice alot of movement between the 2 axles. This kind of movement will happen going down the road with the weight of your coach on it causing the tires to wear badly.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote