Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #1

Unmarked Connection

I would like to verify that the connector I have marked is the black tank flush. The manual has no pictures.

If it is the black tank flush, when should I use it?

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20151028_001Mod.jpg (170.2 KB, 9 views)
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #2

Scott, that is the black tank flush as indicated in the warning above it - (Not well labeled I agree).

Here is a diagram of what the black tank flush does. After you drain the tank, attach a hose to the flush and turn on the water and it sprays out the tank more or less. Don't leave it running with the drain valve closed, or you might get a surprise when it's full (flows out the vent), but I do close my drain valve to let it fill a bit sometimes if I'm not distracted.

I use a separate gray hose for that from my potable hose (avoid cross contamination), and when you shut the water off and disconnect, disconnect from the water source first because it needs to drain back from the check valve up high and you will get wet if you disconnect from the tank flush inlet first.

Also, if you install a clear pipe adapter between the sewer outlet and your hose (available camping world), you can visually see when you have flushed enough. I use a straight one like this because my sewer outlet is already adequately angled downward. Clearview 5" Sewer Adapter with Bayonet Lugs - Valterra T1021 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #3

I use plastic quick connectors on my hoses ,fresh and black flush.. What I did to prevent hooking up to the wrong inlet during a conversation was this.. I placed males on the potable water hose and inlet.. and females on the black tank hose.. This way I cannot cross contaminate ..
As Brad stated , I also use the clear tube , once the black water stops ,I turn the flush on and keep in on till that water is all clear water..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #4

I also use the quick connects on the Trailer that way I don't strip the plastic treads. you would think someone would know to use a metal connection.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

Thanks all, I am starting to have a pretty solid understanding of this RV.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote