Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #1

TV Wall Mount help

Anybody know how to release the TV from this wall mount? It lifts up a little and the bottom swings out some but now matter how I try to finagle it the dang thing won't come off.

There's two horizontal bars (silver) and the top one is spring loaded. I tried to feel around for some kind of release lever but can't find one. It's the bedroom TV in a 2019 3901WB.
glenwolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #2

Having trouble getting the pics to work....be right back....

This looking up from the bottom...so for the crappy quality...

Old 07-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #3

My bedroom TV is removed by:
lifting up and pulling the bottom out towards you... It may take a bit of moving around to get the slots to line up....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
lifting up and pulling the bottom out towards you... It may take a bit of moving around to get the slots to line up....
Lift up and pull out on bottom
It may take a good effort to get it high enough to clear the bottom catch
Old 07-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Most TV mounts I have seen work exactly like this . Lift up strait hard and pivot the bottom out when its as high as possible. The outside TV on mine was really hard to lift it high enough to get it to un hook at the bottom. I had to file the catch about 1/32" down , had to almost break the plastic back on the TV I pushed up so hard.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #6

That's what it seemed like it wants to do...lift up and pull out at the bottom. I'm hesitant to put too much muscle into it as I have a long history of breaking things. But I'll go give it another try....
Old 07-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #7

OK thanks folks. I put some more serious effort into it and I got it out. But it raised another question. What's this cable for? It has a six-pin connector. Something to do with satellite?

Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
OK thanks folks. I put some more serious effort into it and I got it out. But it raised another question. What's this cable for? It has a six-pin connector. Something to do with satellite?

It is for a satellite box.. that is the data cable that goes up to the roof... It tells those big dishes when to go up and down, ect...

I'll take it if you don't need it .. my 2020 does NOT have that so much for me upgrading my satellite this year.....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #9

Quote:
It is for a satellite box.. that is the data cable that goes up to the roof... It tells those big dishes when to go up and down, ect...

I'll take it if you don't need it .. my 2020 does NOT have that so much for me upgrading my satellite this year.....
Huh, why would they stop doing that? My 2019 has a bunch of cable/satellite connections. My cable guy had a hard time installing my internet. Finally got it to work using one of the satellite cables. But in the process we found out the Living Room / Bedroom satellite cables are mislabeled or installed wrong. But of the four cables (two each cable TV and satellite) he tried only one worked. I should ask for a wiring diagram.