Old 10-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #1

TV Problems

We recently took our new SQ38HRL out for the first time. When I hooked the cable tv to the rig, we did not recieve any where near the 38 channels the park offered. I turned the attenna booster on and off several times and it did not help.
I then talked to the park management and he brought a tv to my site and hooked it straight to the post connector and it worked just fine, then he used my cable to see if it was defective, and it worked fine as well.
At this point he said that everything from the post to the rig is working, so it has to be in the trailer itself.
I followed the cable as far as I could from the rig connector into the rig toward the tv and found no obvious problem. It was the same on both tv's ( living room & bedroom)
We ended up watching approx 12 stations of the 38 that was offered (and proven to work) and 4 of those were the same station.
Does anybody have any advise for us? I have done all I am comfortable doing without removing walls or cabinets. I wuld rather not take it back to the dealer, I have already had a bad experience with them concerning my brakes not working.
If there is anybody having had this experience, that can help me to solve the problem, would sure be appreciated.

Thank You
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 Durimax Diesel/w. Allison transmission
Pullrite Slider Hitch
steve & darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #2

From a scratch position (meaning I don't know enough about it to be that useful), I would check all the coax connectors. They aren't always installed very well and some may actually pull apart. All of the connectors should be accesible - no cabinets need torn out. Light fixtures maybe, but not cabinets.

There also has to be a way to measure signal strength through the coax which might help you locate a problem, but I don't what would be used to do that. My coax sounder is pretty much just a go-no go type device.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #3

If you happen to know someone that works for a Cable Company, could have them use their meter to check the loss through your system. The cost of a good RF meter is pretty much out of the reach of the normal consumer.
The cable wiring in RVs is crazy, and all seems to depend on the Installer who was working that day, making two identical units wired differently.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #4

You may need Cable Boxes from the Cable Company to make your TV's work. We have had this issue at some campgrounds.

2015 RL38
2018 FORD F350 SRW
RWJSIM2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #5

You will have a splitter or 2 some where & I'd bet you dollar that 1 or both a hooked up wrong. On mine the cable "in" on both were hooked to the "out", changed & viola perfect picture. On your particular unit I don't have any idea where the splitters might be, on mine one was in a light fixture next to bedroom tv. If your not comfortable doing that let some one else help or do it for you.
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
We had a similar problem and it was the cable connection to the antenna amplifier outlet in the bedroom. The cables were stressed and when I removed the screws holding the outlet to the wall the connection was better and the reception improved. When I reattach the outlet plate to the wall the reception on cable disintegrates. I suppose I may need a new outlet switch assembly but everything works okay when I let the outlet hang from the cabling. There are three cables bent thru tight angles behind the wall making the connection.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #7

Did anyone find any of the cable or satellite splitters that are shown on the Redwood Satellite/Cable wiring diagram?.
I have a 2014 Redwood 36RL . In my tracing out cables I've not come across any
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #8

One of them on mine was in the ceiling above the light socket to the right of the bedroom tv, had to fish around in there & found the cable & satellite splitter.
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:19 AM   #9

What about for the outside TV or is it fed from the splitters you found in bedroom. I got issues with TV operating on satellite but on cable /Ant it's fine. If I run a cable from living rm TV it works fine , but that means I need to string anther cable to feed satellite But if I can find where this tv is fed from then I can re use cable already there
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #10

Ya, I found all mine. One behind the wall of LR big TV, and the other 2 in the bedroom are above the ceiling accessible through the light fixtures. One of those feeds the bedroom TV which I intercepted to provide satellite to the basement TV. That was the one marked "SAT Jumper Between TVs"
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote