Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #1

TV Booster Location

We have searched our new 38RE in all areas that we think a TV Antenna Booster could be. Does anyone have any suggestions? We just picked it up last Friday and we're still exploring! The dealership gave us a grand tour but we didn't find that out and now we're looking. Thank you in advance for everyone's help. Also, I have seen where the outside door is tight.... what needs to be done for that. Opens and closes hard.
Peach30699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:06 AM   #2

We had the same search on our 38RE. SEARCHED EVERYWHERE ! Finally found it after taking the TV off the wall in the bedroom. It was on the left side of the tv but we couldn't get a hand in between the tv and the wall. The dealer moved it to the closet on the left side after Redwood agreed to pay for it. Good Luck! Hope this helps!!
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #3

It's behind the bedroom TV on the left. We made our dealer move it to the closet wall. You have to move the tv to get to it. Our is an RL but I bet they are the same
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #4

Most models have it in the vicinity of the bedroom TV, or one of the adjacent cupboards. The 36FL it is in the corner cupboard in the kitchen.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #5

The booster in our 31SL was in the upper bedroom storage left of the TV. You can ask Redwood for the wiring diagram of the antenna/cable system, which they provided me. Winegard has a replacement panel the SensarPro which appears to be a better system for finding digital air channels. Don't understand why Redwood does not install as basic in a fine coach, small price ? Just purchased the Rayzar Air retrofit antenna for the Sensar antenna, better coverage. Will give feedback when installed.
crusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #6

Ours was located in the bedroom as well. Had them move ours to the cabinet next to the tv.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach30699 View Post
Also, I have seen where the outside door is tight.... what needs to be done for that. Opens and closes hard.
Met a gentleman last week with a new Rushmore [built in the Redwood assembly plant], he also had a problem with his door, when I went into his coach and opened the door I first thought it had a gas strut on it but quickly discovered that it was not a strut, just a very tight hinge.
He tried several things, different solvents, lubricants, even drilled small holes in the hinge and injected grease into the hinge...nothing seemed to help.

I would suggest discussing this with your dealer and/or Redwood for resolution. You should pursue getting the TV amp moved with the dealer/Redwood, behind the tv is not an acceptable location, it is unreasonable to expect you to remove the TV every time you need to engage or disengage the amp.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #8
Traveling

Our booster is located to the left of the tv in the top of the armoire. We have a 2015 38RL and I like to think that RW is listening to it's customers and is now locating it in a better place because I know Blue Dogs 38RL is just a little "older" and he had to have his moved. Let's hope they are listening! :-) I still would like to know WHO anchored my fridge with the bar at the back... it's perfect.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Our booster is located to the left of the tv in the top of the armoire. We have a 2015 38RL and I like to think that RW is listening to it's customers and is now locating it in a better place because I know Blue Dogs 38RL is just a little "older" and he had to have his moved. Let's hope they are listening! :-) I still would like to know WHO anchored my fridge with the bar at the back... it's perfect.
I would be interesting to know if B.Young orb the Factory anchored your fridge. My tv booster is now where yours is!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #10

Thanks everyone. We found it 2014.5 38RE... It's to left of bedroom TV, but you can't get to it without taking TV out. I appreciate all your information, that's how we did find it.
Peach30699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #11
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
I would be interesting to know if B.Young orb the Factory anchored your fridge. My tv booster is now where yours is!
By the way Yale, we were at B. Young today, and I asked about the Fridge fix... Ours was done AT THE FACTORY! It was kind of funny because we were talking to "Richard" about "the fridge fix" and another guy overheard and came over and said, "DO YOU HAVE A REDWOOD?!!" I think it might be a popular topic among the services guys
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
By the way Yale, we were at B. Young today, and I asked about the Fridge fix... Ours was done AT THE FACTORY! It was kind of funny because we were talking to "Richard" about "the fridge fix" and another guy overheard and came over and said, "DO YOU HAVE A REDWOOD?!!" I think it might be a popular topic among the services guys
Yeah, I think they know about it for sure! Glad yours was done right to start with! So far I'm liking the latches too
Old 06-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Met a gentleman last week with a new Rushmore [built in the Redwood assembly plant], he also had a problem with his door, when I went into his coach and opened the door I first thought it had a gas strut on it but quickly discovered that it was not a strut, just a very tight hinge.
He tried several things, different solvents, lubricants, even drilled small holes in the hinge and injected grease into the hinge...nothing seemed to help.

I would suggest discussing this with your dealer and/or Redwood for resolution. You should pursue getting the TV amp moved with the dealer/Redwood, behind the tv is not an acceptable location, it is unreasonable to expect you to remove the TV every time you need to engage or disengage the amp.
I looked at a couple of brand new Redwoods last week, and the door hinges are AWFUL. They are not the same as mine, nor are the top hinge cabinet doors. The main door hinge was the worst I have ever seen, and I'm not sure I would accept it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #14
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I looked at a couple of brand new Redwoods last week, and the door hinges are AWFUL. They are not the same as mine, nor are the top hinge cabinet doors. The main door hinge was the worst I have ever seen, and I'm not sure I would accept it.
Are you talking about interior door/cabinet hinge-closures?

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #15
S&K

We, or "I" had trouble with opening the entry door. Hubby adjusted the strike plate and I was able to open it myself. I'm not a 'weenie', but that d@ng door had me crying after we took delivery. If I can't open the door without help, this is going to be a very, VERY bad experience. Small adjustment in that, also made an adjustment in my attitude towards the RW.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&K View Post
Are you talking about interior door/cabinet hinge-closures?
Na- I was talking about the entry door. Either these I looked at were packed with grit, or there is something definitely wrong with the new hinge on the door. They didn't swing freely, they required muscle to move them all the way to open.

I do like the new outdoor cabinet hinges on the ones with struts, far superior to mine.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #17

Ours too was as if it was locked when we first got it ! Took both hands to unlatch it.... and the wife couldn't... as you said Brad, it took a real PUSH to open the door all the way, but at least the wind doesn't blow it

ExploreUSA had 3 tries at fixing it and then while out for a week we couldn't get the door to latch one night and then barely got it open the next morning so it was time to do something...

I tried adjusting the striker plate, but it only made it worse, so borrowed a hammer and beat the 'stuff' out of the striker plate I was so frustrated!

It looks like crap now, but at least we could get in and out the rest of the trip!
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Ours has the short post coming out from the wall close to the top of the fridge. We never mentioned the fridge tipping to the dealer, so would assume it is a factory installation.