Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #1

Do you know what it is??? Each of you Redwood owners have one. In our 36RL, it is going bad and will be replaced.

In essence, it's a solenoid that provides current to our hydraulic jacks. It is located in the battery compartment near the upper right hand side.

I posted this to let anyone having problems with their hydraulic jacks to have this checked, as well as the in-line fuse.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #2

What problems were you having with your jacks?I have had continual problems with mine. I have lost complete use of them twice and had to retract them using an electric drill. The first time the ECM (electronic control module) was replaced and the system worked for a while. Then the slIdes would retract in stops and starts, and when retracting the jacks the in line circuit breaker would continully blow. Finally the retract mode would not work. I switched the green and yellow wires on the solenoid to get the jacks up (in the extend mode). After a couple of times of doing this, the extend mode would not work either and i had to resort to the drill method. My RL is at the dealer right now, and the ECM has been replaced, But it still blows the breaker in the retract mode. Possible you have discovered my problem-thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #3

While autoretracting the jacks, the front start to go up and then stop half way up. I have to enter the manual mode and try to raise all the jacks multiple times. Turns out the Trombetta is not providing sufficient voltage to the hydrolics. This also affectd the slides. As we are full timing, as soon as I receive the part I will replace it. Should be an easy fix- four wires and two mounting screws.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #4

In addition, suggest that you either keep connected to shore power or running TV while raising the jacks or retracting the slides to provide extra current to the Trombetta.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #5

My jacks will stop multiple times while retracting as well. Are you getting the part sent from the factory?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #6

We are taking our 36RE in for service at Sunbelt RV in Belton, TX today. They are replacing the Trombetta, 4 rear jacks, replacing the toilet, repairing the bedroom slide bottom track to stop rainwater leaks and replacing dining room bracket underneath to allow room to slide in like it is suppose to. Busy two days ahead. This has been going on since March -we are hoping this solves the new issues and can get to enjoying the coach as was intended.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #7

The solenoid Trombetta manufactures for the LevelUp system looks very much like the starter solenoids Ford used on their vehicles for years. If it is the same, a replacement can be purchased at any auto parts store.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #8

Sonny's RV in Casper, WY ordered ours. They will mail it to us. It should be covered under warranty. With as many problems with this part, Redwood should consider an alternate manufacturer in my humble opinion.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
We are taking our 36RE in for service at Sunbelt RV in Belton, TX today. They are replacing the Trombetta, 4 rear jacks, replacing the toilet, repairing the bedroom slide bottom track to stop rainwater leaks and replacing dining room bracket underneath to allow room to slide in like it is suppose to. Busy two days ahead. This has been going on since March -we are hoping this solves the new issues and can get to enjoying the coach as was intended.

I know your pain, all to well. after everything we've been through, we will still needmore repair done, but are going to wait untill the end of the season. the list never stops.

Lillyputz
Old 09-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #10

Back from service. All is fixed - we hope. Need a good rain to test the bedroom slide. Crossing our fingers, toes and what little hair on my head I have left.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #11

Good to hear! Just curious, but did the new Trombetta fix your problem with retracting the landing jacks?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #12

So far so good with the jacks. I will give a few days to make sure. I wish I could say the same about the water leak from the bedroom slideout. Water came worse than ever during the rain storm we just had.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #13

Finally got my RL back from the dealer trying to figure out my jack problem. As it turns out, the factory had grounded the Trombetta to the frame, and then looped that same wire to the battery. The wire length was about 6 feet, allow for a poor ground. They ran the ground wire (negative cable) directly back to the battery, and all is good,