Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 12:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
Wow, Happy Easter everyone, just read this site about pin boxes, been having that clanking and banging going on since day of purchase in 2015, got around it by greasing entire Fifth Wheel and hitch before every travel, it would work for awhile then start back up.
Thanks for info printed on this thread, called Lippert got a case # and now all I have to do is send them info requested and was told they would send me lower jaw, outstanding.
Thanks for the use full info this site provides.
Hello Jeff, Hope you and Karen are both well.... Been wondering where you were, retired and living the life in Florida ?? :-) .

Hope your healths are both good, Happy Easter.... Happy Camping... Sfe Travels...
Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:03 PM   #22

Thank you Wes, and will post as I rectify problem.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Hello Jeff, Hope you and Karen are both well.... Been wondering where you were, retired and living the life in Florida ?? :-) .

Hope your healths are both good, Happy Easter.... Happy Camping... Sfe Travels...
Joe

Hey Joe Happy Easter,
Just replied to your sad news about your RV, and found this post.
We've been doing fine, just usual problems of getting older, but other than that health is good.
Enjoying life here at TGO in Titusville Fl, get to play all the golf I want and watch the rockets go off as they are just a few miles from us, it is just awesome to see.
If you ever get down this way stop in, you will love it here, Disney is about 45 mins away, Space center about 10 miles, Daytona 45 mins north, and best of all the weather is fantastic, they built the Space station here because the storms seem to go North and South of us, I didn't believe it at first but its true, weird.
Anyway hope everything works out for you on the RV, will be praying for you brother, stay safe find a new toy and get back on the road.
Jeff & Karen
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:37 PM   #24

So what are the actual symptoms that everyone is talking about ? Is it the clunking when starting and stopping ? Is this covered under a warranty with Lippert ? Thanks
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #25

The clunking is a symptom. The start of the real problems is when you can move the plate with the pin on it back and forth and/or up and down by hand. I assume you have been greasing the 9 grease fittings frequently, but it still happens. Lippert has been sending replacement lower jaws for a few years now. It is a safety issue.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:58 AM   #26

The clunking when you accelerate or stop is all it takes to have Lippert send you the replacement lower jaw....They will ask you to take some pictures...of the front and back of your rig (I suspect to show it has not had an impact)....then pictures of serial #'s on the hitch and the frame where the pin box attaches....They are very easy to deal with....I suspect they just want these units off the road for safety issues.....I found it quite un-settling to constantly have that Tri-Glide banging around....I imagine the stress on the hitch must be great ....
Install was easy....although the parts are heavy....Lippert even offered to pay a shop .8 hour rate to change it if you are unable...
All this info is only 2 months old..

Wes 2015 38RL / F-450
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote