Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Dan

Maybe we should start a new travel section where we can talk and share where we are are going. A place where we can give ideas of things to do and see in all the different states. For example we plan on leaving in the fall of next year traveling from BC heading down the west coast across the bottom states over toFloridathen up the east coast ending in the marintians sometime in the spring then back across the upper states back to BC. If we had a travel section the people could post the high lights of each state that way we would not mess anything in our travels, you know what I mean SamWhat do you think good idea???

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Anything that brings fun and friendship is worth doing on this forum.....I'd love to share some of the places I've camped and recieve advice on where to go next.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Dan

Anybody know how we can make sub topic's? I would like to start a sub topic for each state under the topic of travel

Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #4

I am interested in this, too. We have done some traveling around but have long range plans to do much more. One of our best trips was with a popup from Topeka, KS to Ft Lauderdale, FL. It was a 3 week trip with lots of great times and memories. It was THE trip that really got me hooked and dreaming of someday full-timing. We have now been full-timers since Oct, 2005 and living the dream.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #5

I'd like to see a format similar to the irv2.com. There are plenty of forum topics and sub-topics as well as a list of recent discussions in a sidebar.

Dan... If you're going to be traveling along the gulf coast, you can read some of our blogs and view pictures of our trek across Louisiana to Florida. We stayed at some very nice parks and had a lot of fun.
We will be leaving Savannah Georgia in the morning and heading toward Atlanta to meet our oldest son who is hiking the Appalachian trail this year. We will be zig zagging between the trail and the Atlantic coast on our way north to Katahdin Mountain in Maine.
Check our blog archives beginning on 1/08/2012 for the gulf coast and Florida.
http://www.travelinandersons.com/1/archives/01-2012/1.html

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Anybody know how we can make sub topic's? Â*I would like to start a sub topic for each state under the topic of travel
Dan, I think we would need a much more powerful platform than this forum's software provides. Something on the order of What you find on the Automotive Forums. Many of those forums are professionally managed and operate on advertising and subscription revenue so they have all the bells and kazoos (bet you thought I was going to say whistles huh, I was but changed my mind at the last minute). Edited by: John317
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I'd like to see a format similar to the irv2.com. There are plenty of forum topics and sub-topics as well as a list of recent discussions in a sidebar.

Dan... If you're going to be traveling along the gulf coast, you can read some of our blogs and view pictures of our trek across Louisiana to Florida. We stayed at some very nice parks and had a lot of fun.
We will be leaving Savannah Georgia in the morning and heading toward Atlanta to meet our oldest son who is hiking the Appalachian trail this year. We will be zig zagging between the trail and the Atlantic coast on our way north to Katahdin Mountain in Maine.
Check our blog archives beginning on 1/08/2012 for the gulf coast and Florida.
http://www.travelinandersons.com/1/archives/01-2012/1.html

I had aquicklook at your blog you are right you have some interesting "travels"

Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Anybody know how we can make sub topic's? I would like to start a sub topic for each state under the topic of travel
Dan, I think we would need a much more powerful platform than this forum's software provides. Something on the order of What you find on the Automotive Forums. Many of those forums are professionally managed and operate on advertising and subscription revenue so they have all the bells and kazoos (bet you thought I was going to say whistles huh, I was but changed my mind at the last minute).

I kinda figured this and I don't imagine Redwood would be putting a better site together. However I do think it would be intheirbest interest put up a good site, happy customers bring more customers

Old 03-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #9

We just left Savannah Georgia and had a great time. We stayed at Skidaway Island State Park for 10 days. All the sites are pull through and some are satellite friendly. They have cable hookups and the OTA channels come in ok too so you won't be without your local programming.
Savannah is a very cool city with tons of history. There are several other historical sites in the area each with their own interesting story. Also, it's close to Hilton Head so there are plenty of golf courses around.

We just set up camp in Stone Mountain Georgia and will be picking my 15 yr old grandson from the airport Friday for a week long visit with us. Good thing we're cool grandparents that are young at heart and adventurous, otherwise he could get bored. Although I did tell him I saw a cute high school girl getting off the bus here. Must be a few long term residents here...
Check out the blog on our web page to check out our time in Savannah... the link is in the signature line
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #10

did you happen to measure your door
Old 03-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
We just left Savannah Georgia and had a great time. We stayed at Skidaway Island State Park for 10 days. All the sites are pull through and some are satellite friendly. They have cable hookups and the OTA channels come in ok too so you won't be without your local programming.
Savannah is a very cool city with tons of history. There are several other historical sites in the area each with their own interesting story. Also, it's close to Hilton Head so there are plenty of golf courses around.

We just set up camp in Stone Mountain Georgia and will be picking my 15 yr old grandson from the airport Friday for a week long visit with us. Good thing we're cool grandparents that are young at heart and adventurous, otherwise he could get bored. Although I did tell him I saw a cute high school girl getting off the bus here. Must be a few long term residents here...
Check out the blog on our web page to check out our time in Savannah... the link is in the signature line

Good for you guys...it sounds like you're having fun. I love that area around Hilton head too. Good luck with the grandson, it sounds like you're doing with your grandchildren what my wife and I are going to be doing. Fly them in one at a time and enjoy one on one with them.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #12

Skipper... 39 1/2", I sent you a private message