Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #1

Trail air Center point Vs Morryde IS

I still have 7 ton axles on my 2013 Redwood 36FB, If money isn't in the equation what would you'll do, 8K axles with the Trail air center point with disc brakes or the Morryde IS with disc brakes? I looked at the Mobile Suite 44 Houston that comes with triple axles and the Morryide IS , but it was 19000 lbs dry, I would have to change the flex air pin box I just bought and my B&W 18000 lbs hitch. More diesel to pull it with the F450 as well, I'll keep the Redwood. Please advise to what suspension to get?
Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Buddy - it's a tough call. I have the IS and can tell you that from my experience so far I will never own another fifth wheels without it. I'm that happy with the ride, handling, and safety of the system. Very little moves around while towing, we have to go over some really bad roads before more than a couple things shift a bit. For instance, the coffee maker and toaster oven and paper towel holder live on the stove counter at all times and don't move.
There is a noticeable difference in the ride of the truck and also the general handling of the rig (for the better).

I don't have experience with the center point, but from what I've heard, the people that have it like it. My biggest reason for the IS was I wanted to totally do away with buggy springs and straight axles. The IS is truly independent for each wheel with a trailing link suspension and shock absorber. If you look at one you will see a tube going across the trailer frame from side to side but this is added for stiffening and support, not suspension.

For me, this conversion was the best $$$ I spent on the RW. Mine has 8k axles and Kodiak disc brakes.. The coach originally had 7k but we knew we would be going fulltime and loading more and I wanted to have peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Buddy - it's a tough call. I have the IS and can tell you that from my experience so far I will never own another fifth wheels without it. I'm that happy with the ride, handling, and safety of the system. Very little moves around while towing, we have to go over some really bad roads before more than a couple things shift a bit. For instance, the coffee maker and toaster oven and paper towel holder live on the stove counter at all times and don't move.
There is a noticeable difference in the ride of the truck and also the general handling of the rig (for the better).

I don't have experience with the center point, but from what I've heard, the people that have it like it. My biggest reason for the IS was I wanted to totally do away with buggy springs and straight axles. The IS is truly independent for each wheel with a trailing link suspension and shock absorber. If you look at one you will see a tube going across the trailer frame from side to side but this is added for stiffening and support, not suspension.

For me, this conversion was the best $$$ I spent on the RW. Mine has 8k axles and Kodiak disc brakes.. The coach originally had 7k but we knew we would be going fulltime and loading more and I wanted to have peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
Sure does help,Thanks. When you say you have 8 K axles you mean the IS equal to 8K axles?
Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Site Team

Yes. MORRyde builds 7,8, and 9k versions of the IS
Old 08-15-2015, 10:03 PM   #5

If I was thinking about changing out our axles / springs from 7,000 lb to 8,000 lb and installing a different suspension link for the springs, it would be a no brainer to go ahead and put the MorRyde IS on, like comparing apples and oranges.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
If I was thinking about changing out our axles / springs from 7,000 lb to 8,000 lb and installing a different suspension link for the springs, it would be a no brainer to go ahead and put the MorRyde IS on, like comparing apples and oranges.
Thanks Rob
Buddy Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #7

I'll throw in my 5 cents worth: We're on our third Mor/ryde IS System. Did the full conversion of IS and Disc Brakes on our Montana, converted our 36RL to IS bet we had Disc from the Factory, now on our 39MB we had the IS installed prior to going to paint so we didn't have to spend the two nights in the Mor/ryde Shop.
IS is not cheap, but me us worth every penny we've paid. Plus it's almost maintanance free, other than just a few grease zerks, no wet bolts or nylon bushings.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote