Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Trading Couches in the Redwood.

Has anyone removed the leather couch in their Redwood? My sister and brother in law have a Redwood with a hide-a-bed in their couch and our Redwood has the couch with the lower drawer for blow up mattress. Both are same color and length, we were wanting to know if it is possible to get them out of the 28" door to trade them out.
Steve4020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4020 View Post
Has anyone removed the leather couch in their Redwood? My sister and brother in law have a Redwood with a hide-a-bed in their couch and our Redwood has the couch with the lower drawer for blow up mattress. Both are same color and length, we were wanting to know if it is possible to get them out of the 28" door to trade them out.
We changed the 2 Lazy boy recliners. The backs come off with a clip assembly on each side. I would guess the couch has a similar setup to make it easier to take out.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #3

Yes, we have the same couch as you do. Take the drawer out, remove the back and it will go through the door. You will need to stand it up slightly and rotate as the arms come out the door.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #4

We got ours out without taking the back off. We did take the drawer out to make it easier to handle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #5

What did you end up doing?
We have a 36RE that we are wanting to take the couch out as well to replace with a sleeper sofa.
HELP! Lol
TDEasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:05 AM   #6

let me know how thaat works i have a 36 re same issue no extra bed just a drawer i dont use either
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #7

[QUOTE=TDEasley;75856]What did you end up doing?
We have a 36RE that we are wanting to take the couch out as well to replace with a sleeper sofa.
HELP! Lol[/QU

We didn't trade the couches. Sounded like too much trouble to take it apart. I just got a airobed to use for grandkids.
Steve4020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #8

If you ever pass through Elkhart, IN during your travels and want to change furniture, you might consider Brad and Hall. They do lots of furniture and customization's.

RV Furniture, Boat Furniture, Flexsteel, Flexsteel Furniture, Villa, Palliser, Lafer, Lambright, Leather Furniture, Bradd & Hall - Bradd and Hall

Not endorsing but just giving a heads up to those who want to change their furniture.

Chris & Maria
2012 36RL
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:38 AM   #9

[QUOTE=Steve4020;75916]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDEasley View Post
What did you end up doing?
HELP! Lol[/QU

We didn't trade the couches. Sounded like too much trouble to take it apart. I just got a airobed to use for grandkids.
We replaced our couch, with the drawer with a sleeper sofa. We had Precision Painting and RV Interiors in Bremen, IN do the work. They also did the custom painting for Redwood for our RW. They did a super job at a great price.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
Site Team

[QUOTE=RCAircraft;75991]
Quote:
We replaced our couch, with the drawer with a sleeper sofa. We had Precision Painting and RV Interiors in Bremen, IN do the work. They also did the custom painting for Redwood for our RW. They did a super job at a great price.

I am curious about your comment about custom painting for your Redwood. Did you have some painting done, and if so, what did you have done? I have been thinking about having my front and rear caps repainted due to severe fading of the gelcoat on my standard finish Redwood.

Thanks for your response.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #11

Yea my 36re caps r in need also Sun fade won't polish out

We have a paint shop in Buda tx near Austin that does rv paint work

Aguirre paint/rv and big truck

Did u get a paint code for the cocoa color
Plus I need emblems too from redwood too

I'm tied down in Dallas at the time working out of town

Karl
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #12

Recliners

Quote:
We replaced our 2 RW recliners with theater seating from Lambright while we were at the Rally. Wow, what a difference!

I wish I had read the posts about removing the sofa before then. I probably would have replaced it too! I guess I saved a buck, but maybe next year.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:51 AM   #13

[QUOTE=hoosierguy;76015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAircraft View Post

I am curious about your comment about custom painting for your Redwood. Did you have some painting done, and if so, what did you have done? I have been thinking about having my front and rear caps repainted due to severe fading of the gelcoat on my standard finish Redwood.

Thanks for your response.
When the E-rated tire blew and damaged about 12-feet of sidewall I was on my way to Bremen, IN to have a custom dinette buffet installed along replacing the non-sleeper sofa and two recliners with two swivel recliners and a sleeper sofa. I knew that Thor Redwood had my Redwood painted at Precision Painting (full body paint) in Bremen. I called Precision Painting and RV Interiors after collecting my wits from the 65 MPH blowout and asked about repairing the blowout damage and matching the original five colors of paint involved with the damage. The repairs, painting, buffet and furniture were professionally done and the paint scheme was a perfect match. They paint Class A's, fifth wheels and busses in their two Bremen plants. One plant does all full body painting for new RV'S while the other does custom painting, new Interiors and repairs. Needless to say those E tires are gone and replaced with 17.5" H-rated tires and wheels. I highly recommend Precision Painting for custom work and painting.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #14

The previous owners of our 38GK had taken out the couch and put in 2 recliners; so we have a reclining loveseat and 2 broken down recliners. We need to put in a sleeper sofa for our parents when they go with us and replace the recliners. Can we replace them with regular furniture? (Providing they fit in the space and aren’t too heavy...I’m having a hard time finding the depth of the slides anywhere and, at present, don’t have access to it to measure.)
Krogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #15

[QUOTE=RCAircraft;76047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
When the E-rated tire blew and damaged about 12-feet of sidewall I was on my way to Bremen, IN to have a custom dinette buffet installed along replacing the non-sleeper sofa and two recliners with two swivel recliners and a sleeper sofa. I knew that Thor Redwood had my Redwood painted at Precision Painting (full body paint) in Bremen. I called Precision Painting and RV Interiors after collecting my wits from the 65 MPH blowout and asked about repairing the blowout damage and matching the original five colors of paint involved with the damage. The repairs, painting, buffet and furniture were professionally done and the paint scheme was a perfect match. They paint Class A's, fifth wheels and busses in their two Bremen plants. One plant does all full body painting for new RV'S while the other does custom painting, new Interiors and repairs. Needless to say those E tires are gone and replaced with 17.5" H-rated tires and wheels. I highly recommend Precision Painting for custom work and painting.
Not to get off the subject, but when I hear about a blow out I like to mention about a TPMS. I have it on my dually and RW. I believe it has saved me twice from a blow out by warning me the tire pressure was dropping. Which low tire pressure is often the reason a tire blows. Just FYI
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #16

Reputable Texas Dealers

Does anyone know of a reputable RW dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area?
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #17

We replaced the sofa bed

We have a 2015 36RL and the sofa/bed was so uncomfortable you could not even sit on it. I built a daybed/ couch with storage below. I found a guy in the SF Bay Area that made a custom mattress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 682B5BB0-35D3-4CE9-8F59-6E300F772C6D.jpg (186.4 KB, 12 views)
Cliff & Julie Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote