Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #1

Tpms

I'm looking at purchasing a TPMS for my 31SL. It would be nice if there was a good TPMS that used an app on my iPhone, but a separate display is ok too. What do y'all think is the best TPMS out there for trailers? As always, thanks in advance

rlmankin
2014 31sl - stock
2013 GMC Denali HD
rlmankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #2

I've got the TST507 with 10 sensors & have had no issues in 4×/- years. Batteries are user changed & readily available.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #3

I also have the TST 507. I am thinking that my new truck must have more insulation and is a little longer. The monitor is struggling at times reading all of the sensors. I just ordered a repeater that they suggest putting in the battery box area. They also just threw in a remote antenna for no charge when I ordered the repeater and 4 additional sensors. That will be a total of 10 and includes my ATV trailer that I tow behind the RW.

Good customer service so far...
Old 08-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #4

Tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmankin View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a TPMS for my 31SL. It would be nice if there was a good TPMS that used an app on my iPhone, but a separate display is ok too. What do y'all think is the best TPMS out there for trailers? As always, thanks in advance

rlmankin

2014 31sl - stock

2013 GMC Denali HD

I have installed the new TireMinder Smart TPMS with the iPhone app but have not had it on the road yet. Heading to Myrtle Beach next week so I will let you know how it performs. I had the TM A1A on my 45 Allegro Bus & Toad and had trouble with signal loss until they sent me an additional booster (free). Good folks to work with.

Craig Roe
2017 RW3401
2017 Sierra Denali 3500DRW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama.Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #5

I will add my vote for the TST 507. I have not needed a repeater on my unit. I only use the standard 6 sensors. 4 on the trailer and the inside duals on the truck.

Mark
Old 08-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #6

Here is a interesting side note.

I ordered the repeater because I was having problems with a sensor dropping off line every once in a while. After reading the owners manual further, one of the issues is that if you have a inside/outside thermometer, the outside transducer can interfere. I have an outside transducer mounted in the trunk of my RW. After removing the batteries from the Thermometer Transducer, my TPS monitor finds the sensors much faster and further away.

I have not installed the repeater yet and think I will try just wait until after this weekend trip to Yellowstone to determine the need....
Old 08-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #7

We purchased the Doran system in 2015, use it on both Tow and Rv, installed extenders on valve stems of dually on F350, and frankly have had no problems with system, have had a couple low tire warnings on truck, as I picked up a nail one time and a valve extension failed on another occasion, both times the system performed as expected warning us in plenty of time.
One time I forgot to check my tire pressure as PM, and it reminded me when it got cooler as it showed a warning early morning, I knew exactly what to do.
They are a matter of preference, good luck finding what works for you.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #8

Tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Here is a interesting side note.

I ordered the repeater because I was having problems with a sensor dropping off line every once in a while. After reading the owners manual further, one of the issues is that if you have a inside/outside thermometer, the outside transducer can interfere. I have an outside transducer mounted in the trunk of my RW. After removing the batteries from the Thermometer Transducer, my TPS monitor finds the sensors much faster and further away.

I have not installed the repeater yet and think I will try just wait until after this weekend trip to Yellowstone to determine the need....

TireMinder told me my lost connection issue was likely due to my wifi brick that my wife used while traveling in the motorhome, but they sent me the free repeater anyway. Never had an issue after that as long as I replaced the transmitter batteries every year.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:36 AM   #9

I have the tireminder with 13 sensors (I do the spare on the jeep just because I had a spare sensor). It has worked great, except for one wheel that keeps loosing connection, even if I swap with a new sensor. I think there is something in the way of the booster or main unit.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #10

Update on the TireMinder app:

Trip to Myrtle Beach and the TireMinder performed pretty well. Had a couple of momentary lost communications between the iPhone and the monitor but it always came right back. Westlakes started @ 115 and usually stayed between 125-130 up to highway speed @ 99-110 degrees.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #11

Tpms

Thanks everyone for the great insight on the various TPMS options.
rlmankin is offline   Reply With Quote