Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
PGH

I am looking at the Redwood toyhauler and wondering if anyone has one ?
PGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #2

Not to change you mind or anything, but give a good look over before buying. Some don't like the fact that the Garage and Kitchen floors are on the same level, no little step down into the garage. Plus there's a 3 or 4 inch gap under the door between the Kitchen and garage. We weren't interested, but had to check one out recently after hearing of those items, and sure enough that's the way they are. I would be concerned with any leakage from toys in the garage could end up in the kitchen while on the road. You be the judge.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #3

I am the proud owner of the hobby hauler. A distinction needs to be made between hobby and toy. It does not have the secured back area like the toy haulers as stated but that isn't what I needed it for. And it does not have a gas tank to fill up the toys. Just big enough for golf cart, bikes, go cart. Not meant for a small car or heavy gas carriers. I have 2 queen bunk beds that come down from the ceiling. So far I have enjoyed every minute of it. Let me know what you want to know about it.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
PGH

What are you using the back for? We have a full dress harley. With the toy hauler we have now the door completely seals from the garage into the living area. We don't have an issue with fumes from the bike, but I like the seperation. I have seen photos of 2 hobby haulers, one had two doors that seemed to only be a closet for a chair to be stored in and there was not a door into the back. The other had the 2 doors both opening into the back. Neither one the way it is pictured on the web page or in the brochure
Old 06-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
PGH

Thank you for that bit of information, where you you able to see one? I see you are in western NY, we are in the Syracuse NY area.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #6

I can send you some pictures if you send me your email. I still haven't figured out how to put pics on this site. It has 2 doors out to the garage and they are sliding doors that do not act as a seal. I use door stuffers on the bottom when I use the golf cart. I had them take all the carpeting out and it is mostly the vinyl flooring.
I do have the full size shower that is pictured in the Blackwood options as well as the full washer and dryer in the bedroom slide.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #7

Our Home Base is South of Rochester in the Genesee Valley, but the Hobby Hauler we saw was at Lazy Days in Florida before we headed North with our 36RL.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote