Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #1

I want to thank all of the contributors on this site for all of your valuable advice. This past winter we ordered a 36 RL. This past Thursday we took delivery. I actually picked it up with my F-350 dually and received a very detailed and hands on towing lesson in route from the dealership to our campground in Egg Harbor Wisconsin. The truck pulled the trailer with absolute ease. I was over joyed with the experience.

Once at the campground I backed the unit into place on the first try amazing even myself. The orientation went very well. Since Thursday we have been moving all of our remaining worldly possessions into the Redwood since the house is now sold. Mary Jo retires at the end of May and I hang it up on August 31st.

So far this weekend we have run the washer/dryer, generator, dishwasher and every other system to make sure they perform as they should. So far so good. We are thrilled.

Needless to say we are the envy of our campground and have had visitors on and off all weekend.

If any of you happen to be in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin this summer please make sure to stop at the Egg Harbor Camping Resort. Mike and Deb are great owners and will treat you well. We look forward to meeting up with some/many of you some where down the road. We will be here until the week after Labor Day.

Thanks again for all of the support and advice.

Rick and Mary Jo Jelinski
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

Rick. And Mary Jo,

Congratulations on your new coach, we have had ours for about a month and love it!

Taking it in for a few minor fixes tomorrow, when we get it back we'll finish moving from the house to the rig, then off we go on the 23rd.

Chuck & Ruth
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #3

Congrats to you both.....what a wonderful adventure you are on and we wish you the best!!

Lady E and the Professor

TXRVProfessor&LadyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
Site Team

Rick & Mary Jo,

Congratulations on your 36RL. You will enjoy. We certainlylike ours.

How is the fishing up in your area?

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #5

Rick n Mary Jo,

We are at the dealer now picking up our RW after a few very minor fixes, as well. Don't you just LOVE the dishwasher??? What a treat!

She's off to storage for a few days while we get the house ready to sell...then off for 6 weeks or so. We're going the opposite direction of where you are...Portland OR and south along the coast.

Enjoy your summer.

Joyce & Kevin
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #6

Rick & Mary Jo - congratulatons on your new coach. We also picked our FL from the dealer last week. After a few days at home loading up we headed South.

We did about 700 miles over 2 days and most of the time we hardly knew the coach was behind us. On arrival I'm glad I followed Dave's advice to bring a tool kit. The plumbing store I purchased the pressure regulator fromput the reducers for the garden hose connections backwards. Had to remove them and re-install. Thanks Dave - owe you a beer for that one.

Currently on the Oregon Coast about 50 miles from the California border. About 100' from the beach. Blue sky, warm temperatures, cold beer and a perfect RW.

Life is grand, a few more years of this and Icould getused to retirement

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana

Rick & Mary Jo - congratulatons on your new coach. We also picked our FL from the dealer last week. After a few days at home loading up we headed South.

We did about 700 miles over 2 days and most of the time we hardly knew the coach was behind us. On arrival I'm glad I followed Dave's advice to bring a tool kit. The plumbing store I purchased the pressure regulator fromput the reducers for the garden hose connections backwards. Had to remove them and re-install. Thanks Dave - owe you a beer for that one.

Currently on the Oregon Coast about 50 miles from the California border. About 100' from the beach. Blue sky, warm temperatures, cold beer and a perfect RW.

Life is grand, a few more years of this and Icould getused to retirement

I'll always accept a cold beer
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #8

Beer is in the fridge and the light is always on