Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhit10 View Post
Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions but as I said this is all brand new equipment nothing to clog, new regulator, in fact I tried both the new and old regulator and had plenty of water flowing while the line wasn't connected .
I too, had water pressure problems. Per advice here on the forum, I went through all the faucet screens and cleaned them out. I have great pressure now.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #42

Quote:
We have owned our 2016 Redwood for 6 months and so far it has been in the repair shop a good portion of that time and things still aren't right. We are currently on our first trip with it and continue to have problems. Last night in Woodward Oklahoma we tried connecting to the city water supply and even though we could get water through hose there was no water pressure available in the coach. Does anyone have an idea if there may be a valve closed or something I don't know about on the city water connection? This is my 5th coach and i want to like our redwood but so far I haven had many reasons to. Also has anyone else had a shower door installed with no sealer on the bottom so all the water runs down the glass and out underneath the bottom door rail? I got out of the shower and found a big puddle of water all over my bathroom floor.
Almost every single coach I've owned, all brands, I've had to seal around the bottom of the shower myself. Actually, my RW is the first that I didn't have to.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I have seen people on this forum talk about a switchover on their pump
somewhere but I've never had a need to look that far. The only other suggestion I could make is to take down the basement wall and start disconnecting fitting until you isolate where it seems to be plugged. Hopefully someone on here will give better suggestions as to where your problem could be. If you take down the basement wall you will have access to your pump and you can see if there is a valve there.
I've got a valve that isolates the pump, but it is behind the wall, at the pump.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #44

Quote:
Thank you all for your responses, I will check for the valve when I get parked again tonight. I am sure that is the problem since I had zero pressure and you would think if it was clogged you would at least get a trickle?
It sounds like you are having very minor issues. Believe me, it could be a lot worse. You have found a place that offers tons of previous experiences on fixes. This forum is very helpful.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I may be wrong but the ones leaking are the sliding door models
What's weird, is that many owners on this forum have also complained that the sliding doors are the wrong doors. They open the wrong way. They are made up of 3 glass panels and when installed and closed, the water from the shower hits the glass panels at the sides where the inserts are between the glass. If the panels were installed the opposite way the water would only hit the glass and not have much chance of getting between the panels. It'shard to explain but Redwood is installing the wrong doors. From what I can tell by looking at pics on line, they are still installing the wrong doors. It doesn't appear that the installed ones can be reversed. Some on the forum have said they installed a shower curtain to prevent the water from running between the glass panels. Very frustrating because if anyone who builds them would ever use them they would immediately get it corrected.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
What's weird, is that many owners on this forum have also complained that the sliding doors are the wrong doors. They open the wrong way. They are made up of 3 glass panels and when installed and closed, the water from the shower hits the glass panels at the sides where the inserts are between the glass. If the panels were installed the opposite way the water would only hit the glass and not have much chance of getting between the panels. It'shard to explain but Redwood is installing the wrong doors. From what I can tell by looking at pics on line, they are still installing the wrong doors. It doesn't appear that the installed ones can be reversed. Some on the forum have said they installed a shower curtain to prevent the water from running between the glass panels. Very frustrating because if anyone who builds them would ever use them they would immediately get it corrected.
Agreed, they are just plain backwards. And from what I saw at the RV show this spring, Redwood isn't the only one that hasn't figured that out.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #47

They are backwards, this From a guy who installed hundreds if not thousands of them over the last 45 years. Funny mine don't leak from the water hitting the seams. Mine leaked from under the bottom track. No matter how many times I chalked them I couldn't stop the leak until I took the entire unit off and reinstalled it correctly with silicone under the track.
Just an observation though I believe they install them that way because that's the only way they could think of to lock them open for traveling. Otherwise the lock open would have to be in the shower not an issue but inconvenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
They are backwards, this From a guy who installed hundreds if not thousands of them over the last 45 years. Funny mine don't leak from the water hitting the seams. Mine leaked from under the bottom track. No matter how many times I chalked them I couldn't stop the leak until I took the entire unit off and reinstalled it correctly with silicone under the track.
Just an observation though I believe they install them that way because that's the only way they could think of to lock them open for traveling. Otherwise the lock open would have to be in the shower not an issue but inconvenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have actually seen another manufacturer that uses the same door but it opened correctly and locked correctly. I think it was an Alpine but I've slept since I've seen it so don't hold me to it.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #49

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. My water problem that started all this mysteriously disappeared at our next stop even though I hooked the city water up the exact same way. I picked up some caulk yesterday and and tried for a temporary fix on the shower door until I get home and take the door apart and put a full seal under the door track. I too have the shower doors installed backwards from what you would see in a house. So at this point I still have a refrigerator that is keeping the freezer section at 18 degrees even thought it is set to -3. The multiplex lighting only works on two of three touch pads and the tablet won't work as soon as you remove it from the charging cradle. The tank levels only show intermittently. The kitchen slide leaves a black stain on the carpet every time I put the slide in or out. Slides and awnings that go out when you push the retract button. Awnings that don't lock in the fully retracted position and i just found the toilet water supply line leaking after seeing water around my toilet....ect. so the list goes on.
rwhit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 PM   #50

Back to the washing machine drain line: After I removed the under bed drawer, I peeked in the opening that was there to the left. The drain line ended there, and after reaching around, I found the necessary pieces to connected loose on the floor. No room to get both arms in to work, So I guess I"ll have to take the bed apart.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Smile

Quote:
Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. My water problem that started all this mysteriously disappeared at our next stop even though I hooked the city water up the exact same way. I picked up some caulk yesterday and and tried for a temporary fix on the shower door until I get home and take the door apart and put a full seal under the door track. I too have the shower doors installed backwards from what you would see in a house. So at this point I still have a refrigerator that is keeping the freezer section at 18 degrees even thought it is set to -3. The multiplex lighting only works on two of three touch pads and the tablet won't work as soon as you remove it from the charging cradle. The tank levels only show intermittently. The kitchen slide leaves a black stain on the carpet every time I put the slide in or out. Slides and awnings that go out when you push the retract button. Awnings that don't lock in the fully retracted position and i just found the toilet water supply line leaking after seeing water around my toilet....ect. so the list goes on.
After all this you still have not stated what model trailer you have. This helps everyone immensley trying to help diagnose your problems. Also if you listed all your problems we may have a solution for them if you are handy with some tools. The ones you have listed above are pretty easy fixes
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #52

Sorry Shane, thought I had said the model but looking back I see I hadn't. It is a 2016 36FB.
rwhit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 PM   #53

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Thanks that will help everyone with the same model help you
Old 05-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #54

Thought they discontinued the FB in '14 or '15 models. We really enjoy ours.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote