Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Just curious...the early entries with the outside TV compartment had no insulation between the dinette hutch and the outside. Friends with a 36RL with this situation were complaining about the lack of such and how they had added insulation to keep the cold out. I mentioned this to Jim L. and Hilton Riggins @ the Tampa show.

Have they remedied this, does anyone know whether they are now adding insulation in this area of the new Redwoods?
Mine has a build date of OCT 30 13 and no insulation.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Just curious...the early entries with the outside TV compartment had no insulation between the dinette hutch and the outside. Friends with a 36RL with this situation were complaining about the lack of such and how they had added insulation to keep the cold out. I mentioned this to Jim L. and Hilton Riggins @ the Tampa show.

Have they remedied this, does anyone know whether they are now adding insulation in this area of the new Redwoods?
That was my concern when I heard about that TV area. That's a pretty thin wall and the more they cut into it the less space there is for insulation.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #23

They showed me their coach, there was NO insulation, you could reach in from the TV compartment into the hutch!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
They showed me their coach, there was NO insulation, you could reach in from the TV compartment into the hutch!!!
If i was ordering a new one, I'd have them leave the out of the design.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #25

If you buy or order a new one it will still have the side door. It does not change if you get the tv or not. They build them all with that exterior door.
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #26

We don't have insulation around our Dad's toolbox either.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
We don't have insulation around our Dad's toolbox either.
Brad,

Do you also have the outside TV compartment outside of the DR hutch? Is it insulated?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #28

Quote:
We have a wall, but I don't know if it's insulated - one more item to add to my personal PDI. If not, I guess we'll have to come up with another "owner's upgrade!" :-)
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #29
Traveling

Vern (factory Rep) told us that he "thought" they were going to start including the exterior tv on all models standard. I haven't seen that yet. We did not order it, I will let you know if it's there.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Brad,

Do you also have the outside TV compartment outside of the DR hutch? Is it insulated?
Chuck, I don't. My factory outside entertainment system was an early one and is a TV in the basement that flips down. Its' actually kind of cool, but it's vulnerable to getting beat up and can't use the heat well with the basement door open.

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 AM   #31

Quote:

No insulation in mine. I too can reach right into the hutch from the out side tv compartment.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #32

Brad - wow, look at all that storage space in the basement. Your TV and bracket would take up about 1/2 of our basement

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #33

Thanks Brad for the clarification.

Those of you who have taken delivery in the past few months...is there any insulation in the TV compartment? I was told they were going to start adding it so curious to see if they did.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #34

I looked in that compartment while crawling all over RW's and I did not notice insulation. I do however think that compartment is where I will install my Verizon Jet Pack and run the outside antenna out that access and suction cup to the glass above it. There is an AC outlet in the buffet.
Full timers Oct 2014
Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #35

Not sure how you'll get the cable out of the compartment door, the gap between the door and the edge of the coach is pretty tight???
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #36

I might have to get creative or drill a hole and run the antenna cable out above the opening. I cringe at the thought of drilling a hole in the side of the RW. RW has drilled many holes in it already LOL.

I made it a point this weekend to look at the wheel fender installation. I looks like the ones I saw had flashing like material added to reinforce the fenders. Are you guys saying you have had to add more reinforcement and bracing?????
Full timers Oct 2014
Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
I might have to get creative or drill a hole and run the antenna cable out above the opening. I cringe at the thought of drilling a hole in the side of the RW. RW has drilled many holes in it already LOL.

I made it a point this weekend to look at the wheel fender installation. I looks like the ones I saw had flashing like material added to reinforce the fenders. Are you guys saying you have had to add more reinforcement and bracing?????
Just watch the self tapping screws because they tend to vibrate out. I replaced most of mine with nylon bushed nuts and bolts
Old 05-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #38

Sounds like a person should be proactive and fix it before it breaks. Maybe adding a little silicone to the threads would keep them tight. I also thought about doubling the amount of material to make it stronger and give more bite to the threads. The whole thing looked a little flimsy. Maybe it should be flimsy by design. If it were rigid it might be more of a problem.
Full timers Oct 2014
Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
I looked in that compartment while crawling all over RW's and I did not notice insulation. I do however think that compartment is where I will install my Verizon Jet Pack and run the outside antenna out that access and suction cup to the glass above it. There is an AC outlet in the buffet.
Jay - Your Jet Pack requires an external aerial? We also have one and it gets an excellent signal strength on both 3G & 4G without any aerial attached.

When I read through the documentation it didn't even mention an option for external aerial.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #40

No it does not. I have an external signal booster for 3g-4g that I set the Jet Pack on. It will pretty much double the signal on phone or Jet Pack. I am already on Verizon Jet Pack for home use. Thought I would give it a try before I go full timing in Oct. I let my home provider go. The cost is almost the same. I used these guys for a Jet Pack booster and internet signal booster to be used to boost signal in RV parks using the RV parks service. I has a 2000 ft range. That should get me closer to the source of the internet.
Full timers Oct 2014