Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2019, 06:12 PM   #21

Stress Crack

I'm out of my warranty by 7 months and Redwood will NOT fix my stress crack. I went to a local RV repair shop and they quoted me 16,000 to repair it because they will have to weld and repaint it. It's absolutely ridiculous. Explore USA did not actually repair it correctly and just covered it us with a little metal piece instead of actually repairing it.
dave3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #22

Fixing Stress Fracture

Question - who did you talk with at Redwood? And what was the reason they wouldn't fix your unit when they seem to have this problem on a lot of units? For our fix, they took the entire front cap off and repaired broken weld by cutting damaged section out, welded in aluminum support structure and replaced sidewall section with new material. Work order shows it also went to a paint shop. They did a beautiful job. We were told it was a problem with the bolts being too short so fix included much longer screws. Why is this a warranty issue when it's clearly a manufacturing problem that has a fix that has not been incorporated into the new builds? I get my 2012 having a problem, it was the second year making Redwoods, but same issue with 2018?
Old 06-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #23

stress crack

Did you talk to Lippert who made the frame. When I had my 3821RL repaired, the battle seemed to be who was going to pay for the repair. Lippert made the frame and crossroads the rest. Took well over 10 days and a multitude of pictures, but warranty finally got Lippert to agree to pay their part. When I did mine it was still crossroads warranty, had not fully changed to keystone warranty. Make sure that Keystone is contacting a rep at Lippert. Hope this info helps you.
Villager4557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #24

I'm out of my warranty so Redwood refuses to cover it based on thee 5 year structural warranty. They said sorry but this won't be covered under warranty. I emailed in multiple pictures showing the damage to some woman/service person. I really think she was a person just answering the multitude of calls. She took down all my info and I emailed my pictures. She emailed the managers/people who approve or not approve it and the declined. I have not called Lippert because I don't know who to talk to. I'm really done with dealing with Redwood/Crossroads. They are absolutely pointless at this point. If it isn't covered then it will just sit here until I trade it. All they did was cut a straight cut into the fiberglass and screwed in a separator. Thats all they did. They didn't remove the front cap and increase the welds or anything.
dave3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:11 AM   #25

The merger with Keystone apparently didn't help Redwood at all. If you have a chance to get your RV to the Redwood Rally in Shipshewana in July you may be able to make some progress meeting with Redwood Service team face to face. The people at Lippert are there also and they were amazing when we were at 2 rallys, 2016 and 2017. o