Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #1

Strange Water Leak

The only time we find this water leak is after we have hooked up and have started down the road.
We usually stop to dump the trash and do one last check around. That is when at the front of the rig, water comes out, about a couple of gallons and then it stops.
It does not drip or leak at any other time when we are camped. We have had this happen two times now after have been parked for two weeks to a month, where it has rained and hailed.
We have not seen any visible leaks or damage that we can reach, checking near pump, bay areas, under sinks. Hot water tanks appears to be functioning as it should.
The only other thing, I can think of to mention is, we have been doing is flushing our tanks. Any ideas? I would not even know what to tell a repair shop where to look.
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #2

Could you be more specific as to exactly where you're seeing the leak?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #3

Front undercarriage, more on right, (passenger side ).
Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #4

If the water is coming out from the corex plastic on the bottom of the trailer the leak could be anywhere on the trailer. if it comes out when you hook it up the truck could be the water is running forward since it is lower in the front. You will most likely need to pull some of the corex and see if you can see where it is coming from.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #5

I'd have to agree with RW. It appears as if it's a small leak that puddles somewhere along the underbelly. There's really no other option than to remove plastic panels. Let us know if you find anything peculiar.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #6

I wonder if you have a loose/faulty connection in the tank flushing plumbing. Otherwise, it seems there would be evidence of the leak under the rig... especially if you are in one location for longer periods.

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:25 AM   #7
Site Team

I would start at the kitchen and look for a small drip caused by a loose connection or a bad ice maker line. From there I'd look around the bathroom, again for a small drip that puddles over time.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #8

Thanks for all your replies. All the suggestions sound beyond our ability. We will have to do a lot of review of the manuals that are available here on this forum. Thanks for those. If we can't find a solution, at least I can give our RV repair shop some ideas. When I convinced my husband to buy me this rig, I hadn't really thought through how much upkeep it would be. I am happy though, I love all my conveniences.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #9

Based on the scenarios you have mentioned, and maybe you have tried these already, try one time not flushing your tanks. And, would this leaking happen if not rained on while parked? Come out to SoCal for this test....definitely not raining here!!
Please add your rig info in signature.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:05 AM   #10

Ended up being broken drain pipe for Washer, that we don't have, & $751.00 later

Old 06-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #11

How did you find it and why is it leaking if not being used?
Old 06-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #12

Hello Bill & Diane,
Glad you able to find the leak and get it repaired!!
I wish I had noticed your location earlier on in this thread as I may have been able to help. If you need any other info don't hesitate to ask since I see your located in Brooklyn, CT. and I am in Mansfield so we are neighbors.

Steve
Old 06-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
How did you find it and why is it leaking if not being used?
We don't know if this really is going to solve the problem, it is only one of the issues the mobile tech found. He thought possibly from the tanks being too full or flushing? He said he tighten the pump also, but didn't think it was the problem.
We are at their mercy.
We will see how it goes when we move again in about 8 days when we go to Idaho. My fingers are crossed......
Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Hello Bill & Diane,
Glad you able to find the leak and get it repaired!!
I wish I had noticed your location earlier on in this thread as I may have been able to help. If you need any other info don't hesitate to ask since I see your located in Brooklyn, CT. and I am in Mansfield so we are neighbors.

Steve
Thanks for your response. We are typically in CT from Thanksgiving to end of January.
Where do you go for your servicing?
Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutTravelers View Post
Thanks for your response. We are typically in CT from Thanksgiving to end of January.
Where do you go for your servicing?
I will PM the info.

Steve

« Trail Air Pin | TV »