Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #21

LOL that's ok, we lived in North Florida and had many different RVs over the years, never needed to use the pink stuff, just does not get cold enough.
The few nights over the years it got real cold for North Florida we just left the furnace running at a low temp setting and never had a problem.
Of course now that we are fulltime, no need to winterize
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Same here. Last year we went to Florida for 2 weeks and then on the way back after staying in NC for the night I winterized the rig knowing it was 18 degrees in Maryland and I was going the wrong way. I put 5 gal of pink into a bucket, drop the hose in and then turn on the pump and go flush lines and washer and stuff.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #23

Thats a good point Vaughan. If you want to save time changing out bottles and re-priming (sometimes), you can pour the 5 gallons into a water bucket and draw from that. I gives you a continuous flow.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #24

I have a 2014 38GK. Leave the jacks down, Open the tank valves (after emptying), disconnect the icemacker outside behind the access panel, close the LP tank valves, lube the suspension and the slide racks, use air chuck to blow out the lines, open low point drains, add anti freeze and bleed all valves, washer, toilet, shower, sinks, dishwasher, fill drain traps with antifreeze. Cross your fingers and be aware when you turn it all on again.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #25

Oh, I forgot to release the pressure on the hot water heater and unscrew the drain plug(you won't forget to release the pressure but once).
I always blow mine out and add anti freeze. Much easier than dealing with a broken line.