Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

I do not want a replacement rv. I want my money back. this company is a joke. I'am not not new to the RV world, but what a eye opener.

Lillyputz
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Whats got your panties in a knot?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #3

Lillyputz I'm also interested why you are so frustrated with Redwood. I know we purchased our units around the same time period. I've had some minor issues this past year but nothing that has affected my over-all pleasure with the performance of the 5er.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #4

Well, it seems some people like to buy car kits and build them. Other people like to build their own airplanes and fly them. Other people enjoy building their own RV's or driving back and forth to the factory or dealership for repairs. Other people like to buy something that works the first time. Like a new TV that does not have to be sent back to the factory every other month. Or a new car that wil not break down on the road. I have a LIST as long as your arm of things I have had to work on my self not to mention taken in for repairs. Just got the ok after almost two months from Lippert to replace leaking jacks. As for the popping of the jacks...this has been going on for years and no fix from lippert. If you look at this forum you will see that 90 percent of the gripes are about the same problems but they just keep pumping them out the same. Did I mention that someone forgot to put insulation in my front end cap. Perhaps I should tow it 2000 miles to the factory for a repair or try to fix it myself. This "residential unit" is my home as I am a full timer. This is not my hobby that I wan't to work on when I have nothing else to do. I know,I know the industry is rife with the same problems. Perhaps someone in China should build them. They would be cheaper and maybe better QC or the workers would be out of a job.But that's just me. I feel you lillyputz and a Happy Thankisgiving to all.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMac

Well, it seems some people like to buy car kits and build them. Other people like to build their own airplanes and fly them. Other people enjoy building their own RV's or driving back and forth to the factory or dealership for repairs. Other people like to buy something that works the first time. Like a new TV that does not have to be sent back to the factory every other month. Or a new car that wil not break down on the road. I have a LIST as long as your arm of things I have had to work on my self not to mention taken in for repairs. Just got the ok after almost two months from Lippert to replace leaking jacks. As for the popping of the jacks...this has been going on for years and no fix from lippert. If you look at this forum you will see that 90 percent of the gripes are about the same problems but they just keep pumping them out the same. Did I mention that someone forgot to put insulation in my front end cap. Perhaps I should tow it 2000 miles to the factory for a repair or try to fix it myself. This "residential unit" is my home as I am a full timer. This is not my hobby that I wan't to work on when I have nothing else to do. I know,I know the industry is rife with the same problems. Perhaps someone in China should build them. They would be cheaper and maybe better QC or the workers would be out of a job.But that's just me. I feel you lillyputz and a Happy Thankisgiving to all.
Don, Sorry to hear you're having problems. Lippert needs to either figure out the jack problem or Redwood needs to find another supplier. Unfortunately Lippert seems to be the only supplier of the leveling system used on most of the RVs. There is a "Big Foot" system out there but it had a spotty reputation as well. As for getting a better unit from China, I think that's doubtful since most of the electronics in the RV's already comes from there.

So far Redwood has stood by my trailer every time I'ves had any problem at all.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Site Team

The last thing this country needs is for the RV industry to be moved to China.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #7

How did you discover you had no insulation in the nose? I'm sure we'd like to check ours.
Also... I know the list is as long as your arm but would be willing to share it with us so we can learn from your experiences?
We all like to share our modifications and fixes but a list of defects and issues could save some of us from discovering them after the warranty has expired.
Thanks
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #8

I met with Bob Tiedge from Lippert at Lazydays in Tucson Nov 10th. The meeting was just by chance but we discussed the popping on the leveling systems. Bob and I both have a hydraulic background and we ruled out a hydraulic problem after much discussion. The issue may be related to aluminum cylinders and steel frames. Lippert is working hard to solve the problem and I told Bob that my company would also review the issues. It is hard for us because we do not know all the parameters of the issue but we will try.

As far as warranty items "as long as your arm" I agree you should share this so we all can compare and the factory should also know what additional training is required for their employees.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399
I met with Bob Tiedge from Lippert at Lazydays in Tucson Nov 10th. The meeting was just by chance but we discussed the popping on the leveling systems. Bob and I both have a hydraulic background and we ruled out a hydraulic problem after much discussion. The issue may be related to aluminum cylinders and steel frames. Lippert is working hard to solve the problem and I told Bob that my company would also review the issues. It is hard for us because we do not know all the parameters of the issue but we will try.

As far as warranty items "as long as your arm" I agree you should share this so we all can compare and the factory should also know what additional training is required for their employees.
I agree
Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #10

Yes Dave it appears that Redwood stands by its repairs. How many times have you been to the factory for repairs? I don't live close to the factory and to get into most RV repair shops a long wait then authorization has to be received. I have waited two months for an authorization and the parts have arrived. I cannot get the repair done until Jan 21. That is for the two leaking jacks to be replaced.Good thing I am in one place for the winter. Tucson area. REFERENCE THE INSULATION IN CAP. We discovered this when my wife cleaned out the safe to put some items in. When she reentered the safe the items were very dusty and we discovered that the safe was not put in the floor very well so there was an air leak into the cap. When I removed the safe I saw that there was no insulation on the floor of the cap and lots of light coming from the hitch area. I placed a mirror into the hole where the safe was and with a flashlight saw observed that insulation had been ommitted from the front cap. I am contemplating blown insulation being put into that area but I don't know enough about it. Weight, problem with condensation. If anyone knows anything about this type of insulation let me know. Probably a reason why closet is so hot when sun shines on it. REF PROBLEM LIST I will post all problems and repairs. It will take a while to post so it may be in a couple of days as I have to put up the Christmas lights or the wife won't let me have any egg nog. Irish egg nog that is.Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote