Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

Staples showing on RooF

Yesterday I was cleaning the RV and I noticed bumps under the rubber roof near the corners. As I inspected I found that the staples that hold the corner pcs are coming up and now I have staples pushing against the Rubber membrane. This looks terrible and I am concern about popping holes in the roof. I did push on a few of the staples and they went down easily but I know they want stay there. here's a thought why not I don't remember what is covered on our warranty with Redwood but most likely its not like most things.

I did look up our extended warranty and found that it should be covered and I have a $250.00 deductible. Looks like I will be getting a new roof soon.

RV = hole in ground you throw money into and the hole gets bigger and bigger.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #2

I had that same exact issue on my *16* 38RL.. took it to the dealer and they fixed it within a day..

they removed the side molding at the roof line, then peeled the roof membrane back a few inches...
There is a piece of thin sheet metal as a corner protector, those staples hold that down..

They removed the staples, added more, with glue and pulled the roof back, tight and re-glued it.. Then they replaced the side molding, re-sealed it and done...

But mine was all done under warranty... They also said this has been on many OTHER brands... they advise not to walk on the roof too close to the edge..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:56 AM   #3

I contacted Redwood today and they told me the staples coming loose are only cosmetic. LOL they don't think this is a problem and that they should not cause any problems.