Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #1

Splendide dryer issue

Hi all,
Having some trouble with my washer dryer combo. Now 5 years old and has been flawless.
I'm having trouble with dryer. It shuts down with a fault code. Tech support said lint clogged. So I took all apart. Nothing looks bad. I cleaned what I could out and turned it on. Very little air coming out the back of the unit.
After doing research some have done a precedure to rinse out the dryer. Others have back washed with a water hose.
There is a rubber boot on the back that goes into what I figure must be the dryer blower and heat element .
With it all apart, I turned it on and now goes directly to fault code . Must be totally blocked somewhere.

Wondering if any of you have had this before?
If so, what did you do to correct it?
Thanks
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #2

Had this problem numerous times before I finally gave up on the combo unit and went with separate washer and dryer.

The lint clog occurs at the narrow point of that "S" shape rubber boot that's inside the unit. I took the boot out (you have to open up the back of the unit a bit), cleaned it out then put the unit back together. The first time it happened a service call (about $80) from a tech showed me how to do it on subsequent plug ups.

Eventually the dryer element packed it in, caused by the blockages, that's when I gave up on the unit.

Is Darrel still with Westland Sales? That's who I talked to for info about the problem.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #3

Fixed my dryer today.
Had to take out the rubber boot in the back of the dryer. Had to dig out two huge clumps of lint.

I am very not impressed with this design. Not to mention how accessible it is. But it drys perfect now. Guessing how fast my loads dried today that it has been partially plugged for awhile.

It is five years old but was used for heavy part time till this year. I have been living in my RV since March . About 6 plus loads a week.

Not sure I want another RV with unit in the front bedroom closet again. Might be much easier to service if was in a bedroom closet slide out.

Any comments on the units in the slide would be great.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2015, 02:50 AM   #4

The side by sides in the bedroom slide are not real fun to get out either. Takes a bit of work, and the washer is a bear.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:53 AM   #5

Man, I bet mine is jammed with Lint. I am going to take the fiberglass off of my bedroom slide... Probably the easiest way to clean the lint out of my dryer

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:00 AM   #6

There is an easier way. A bunch of us tried this and it worked as advertised. Pay attention to the second set of instructions.

Ken

Do this if your washer/dryer is not drying as well as it should. Someone on the NUWA owners forum posted this procedure for cleaning out lint from the washer. My wife did it and it dries much better now with more air flow out the dryer vent. After the first cycle their was probably 2 cups of lint in the drum of the machine.

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle #11.

2. When the water stops entering the unit, push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.

3. Move the cycle knob to cycle #2

4. push the extra rinse button then

5. press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer. This system cleaning process will take the better part of one day.)

I received the following from Westland Sales on 9-11-2013. It is like the original post, but the first step is to be repeated until the tank is at least half full. In my case it usually takes me 3 times to get the tank half full.

Copy from Westland Sales email:

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
We have the 2100 xc ventless. We had it for 2 myths and it quit getting hot to dry. Called Westland and they sent out a mobile tech that took the top and back off to get to the plastic ice that was packed with lint. About 2 weeks layter it stareted doing the same thing called Westland and the service advisor sent us the info on how to run it and flush the system. As above. We do this 1 a month and have had no issues since.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #8

I went through all the above instructions numerous times after discussions with Westland Sales to no avail, didn't work to clear the lint jams. Perhaps the hard water in the south west US didn't help the situation.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcc View Post
I went through all the above instructions numerous times after discussions with Westland Sales to no avail, didn't work to clear the lint jams. Perhaps the hard water in the south west US didn't help the situation.
I'm not sure if hard water is the problem. I use a softner. But it seems I may have used too much soap or liquid fab softner. The lint seemed to have a soap type substance in it.
Very poor design. Lint has to go up 6 inches through a 1 inch by 2 inch hole before it goes into a 4 inch pipe.