Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #1

Splendid Washer Dryer Combo Tripping GFCI

When we purchased our new 2019 3901WB this year, we had the dealer add the Splendid Washer Dryer combo. The first time we took the camper out, I tried to use the washer. It had no power, I noticed the GFCI was tripped, Reset the GFCI, every time I would plug the washer in it immediately tripped the GFCI. Contacted the Dealer, since we had never ran the washer and it was doing this, they agreed to exchange the washer with a new one. Put the new washer in, it worked great for about 8 to 10 loads and then did the same thing. I even ran an extension cord from the camper to the post. Tripped the GFCI on the post. It has been 4 weeks now since I contacted the Dealer to find out what needs to happen. The Salesman we purchased it from has been trying to get something done. However, this week he was gone due to a sudden death in his family. So instead I talked to the service person that is supposed to be working on this. Service person tried to tell me that the washer don't work on GFCI. I'm calling BS on this one. For starters, GFCI is required by code. Secondly I would have to look long and hard to find an outlet on the camper that is not tied to a GFCI somewhere on the camper.

Has any one else experienced this? What is your take on what I am being told?

Any input/comments is appreciated.
toebenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #2

We have an older Redwood, and ours is not on a GFCI receptacle. The only GFCI is in the bathroom, and then downstream is the island receptacles, the water bay and outside receptacle. I agree the washer should not be on a GFCI, but since I don't have a new one like you do, I don't know how it came wired. We've had our Splendide washer and dryer for almost 6 years with never a problem.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #3

Ours is also not a GFCI and have had no issues