Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 AM   #1

South Dakota Insurance Agent?

We are "moving" to South Dakota in December and are looking to find an insurance agent. We currently have our insurance through Progressive.

Looking at Escapees mail forwarding service just outside of Rapid City, SD if that makes a difference.

Anyone have any experience with an insurance agent that you would recommend?
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #2

Shop around with all the major insurance companies - many of them offer full timers coverage and can be done over the phone. The company you referenced has their own internal insurance agency and I am sure they will be happy to help.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #3

I would suggest looking for an independent agent who will shop over multiple companies. My daughter who is an agent shopped mine when we went full time and went with a company called Foremost on our 2012 36RL.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

Thanks, that is exactly what I did and found several. But just to choose from picking them after name is hard so my thinking was to ask here at the forum if someone had a great experience with a special agent. However I might think this is not the place to ask for it. Not sure if we shall discuss single companies here in the forum. I am extremely happy with my previous agent, never had a claim during 30 years but she simply can not be an agent in another state and can not recommend any other agent in SD.

Progressive has a policy that if you started with an agent they want you to continue with an agent. I also like to have an agent so I can pick and choose from many insurance companies in the future and not only the present one.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilFawlty View Post
Thanks, that is exactly what I did and found several. But just to choose from picking them after name is hard so my thinking was to ask here at the forum if someone had a great experience with a special agent. However I might think this is not the place to ask for it. Not sure if we shall discuss single companies here in the forum. I am extremely happy with my previous agent, never had a claim during 30 years but she simply can not be an agent in another state and can not recommend any other agent in SD.
Why do you need to change agents just because you are moving. My mother moved to another state but my daughter is still her agent. An agent is someone you have trust in to fight for you when things do come up.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #6

Our present agent is not allowed to be an agent in SD.

Again, I am just after a name, if someone has a great experience with an insurance agent in SD let me know!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #7

We used an agent out of Americas Mailbox in Box Elder SD. Our RW is insured through National Interstate. The Americas Mailbox agent shopped around for different insurance companies. I don't have his name in front of me now, but I'm sure you could contact Americas Mailbox and ask to speak to an insurance agent. I believe there is only one in the office. We have not had any complaints with them.