Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
Skylight Shade

I see there are many shades out there for the normal size vents but has anyone found a good one to use on the shower skylight? Most all the ones I have seen are 14x19 and the skylight is 14 x22 if I remember right. I can easily modify something but thought I would ask here first.

Steve
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I see there are many shades out there for the normal size vents but has anyone found a good one to use on the shower skylight? Most all the ones I have seen are 14x19 and the skylight is 14 x22 if I remember right. I can easily modify something but thought I would ask here first.

Steve
We pulled the interior assembly and covered it with some faux stained glass, very nice
__________________

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
I was thinking of the same idea but thought I would ask first. Well... It worked perfect and I also painted the back side of the plastic housing black so no light comes through the plastic either. Another issue was that my wife sleeps a bit later and the light always comes in around the end of the blinds right into the head of the bed so we came up with a solution for that also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0444.JPG (268.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0445.JPG (468.8 KB, 30 views)
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I was thinking of the same idea but thought I would ask first. Well... It worked perfect and I also painted the back side of the plastic housing black so no light comes through the plastic either. Another issue was that my wife sleeps a bit later and the light always comes in around the end of the blinds right into the head of the bed so we came up with a solution for that also.
Wow !!
That came out very nice !! Much better than mine.
__________________

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:39 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
Where did you get the stained glass
?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 AM   #6
S&K
Senior Member
 
S&K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 295
Shower Skylight

Wow! That turned out nice!
__________________

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
I don't like to use this word to often since I am a builder but Home Depot carries this stuff. You can find lots of it on Amazon also. We just ordered a larger piece for the bathroom door glass. Not sure why they decided on glass in that door but this will help.
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 555
Nice job Steve, can,t wait to see the modifications. Char your like me the light always sneaks in and right into my face. When we looked at the fb model Linda didn't like the glass in the bathroom door either. It's like being in a petrie dish.
__________________
Jay and Linda
2013 36RL
Tobys Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,940
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Nice job Steve. That trailer's going to come in around 20,000 Lbs with all the neat mods you are doing to it
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Nice job Steve. That trailer's going to come in around 20,000 Lbs with all the neat mods you are doing to it
I'm keeping an eye on the weight as I do things but maybe by next year you will see a third axle under it!
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
S&K
Senior Member
 
S&K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 295
Bathroom Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I don't like to use this word to often since I am a builder but Home Depot carries this stuff. You can find lots of it on Amazon also. We just ordered a larger piece for the bathroom door glass. Not sure why they decided on glass in that door but this will help.
Steve,
Is your shower skylight textured? I ordered some film online from Home Depot and after I received it, it said that it will not work on textured glass.

I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong thing now.

Shelley
__________________

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,645
Steve, thanks for the suggestion

I agree, way too much sunlight comes through the bath / shower skylight

Found a similar material and installed, looks great, works great

image1.JPG
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Rob...clearly you're pulling our leg. I saw that very same window in the Sistine Chapel!
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Rob...clearly you're pulling our leg. I saw that very same window in the Sistine Chapel!
Adds a little class to our Redwood !!!
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
That looks great Rob...maybe we need to change our pattern

Char
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:20 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&K View Post
Steve,
Is your shower skylight textured? I ordered some film online from Home Depot and after I received it, it said that it will not work on textured glass.

I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong thing now.

Shelley
The topside of the inside skylight cover is smooth and not textured, that is where I put the film
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:38 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 997
Very Nice!!!! As soon as we got our RW I always thought there was to much day light in the shower.


Steve
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×