Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #1

Satellite & Cable TV wiring Issues

2013 36FL, the outside connections for satellite and cable are not working, does anyone know it these are run through the under belly or where the splitters are located? It has a roof mounted dish, any possibility that when this was installed they disconnected the other coax cables? These are still 3 coax cables in the living and 2 in the bedroom. The satellite in the living room has a wireless receiver with HMDI connection. being held hostage by the satellite company as the only way to get a siginal.
charliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #2

On your year model there should be splitters in the bedroom ceiling above the the bedroom tv, access by removing the light fixture (mine was in the light above to the right of the tv) & fishing around. I found a splitter for the cable & orange for the satellite.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #3

When I purchased my 31sl, I spent almost an entire day tracking the cable and satellite system. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a toner to track and label each cable. I found one of the connections for Satellite in the outside convenience center went to the bedroom and one to the living room. I do not use a remote satellite dish so these are really not in use but I did label them for future use if I get a portable dish (I have a roof mounted Traveler automatic dish that services both rooms). The Cable was not connected to the TV's and had to be connected.

When connected to Park Cable, you must make sure that the power antenna is OFF and you must go to the input setting on the TV, select cable without a box, and do a channel search before you can use it. The Remote satellite antennas typically only can service one receiver so you need to know which input you are on. To confuse things more, I have a cable that goes from the Living Room to the Bedroom not in use.

Without a toner, I do not think we could have figured it out. Hope that helps a little, it is a common frustration found on this forum.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #4

On our 2014 38FL we had issues when using park cable or OTA Antenna but our Satellite was clear on both TVs.

Finally took the time and traced down and verified all cable outlets / connections and found the cable splitters.
The Cable Splitters were in the ceiling above the kitchen pantry, there was splitters connected to splitters.
I eliminated the unused cable connections that went to nowhere and replaced all the splitters with new ones and did away with the piggy back / splitters connected to splitters.

Now our TVs are clear and sharp on satellite, Park Cable and OTA signals.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #5

Life is a lot easier when you go to Home Depot and buy a toner, cost under $30.00 and spend a couple hours tracing lines, the one I have has capability of doing (4) lines at a time if you get that lucky, however that and labeling the lines makes it a breeze.
We have a (15) 39MB model, I had to replace a splitter for living room cable, was told on this forum where to find it, as it was located in the living room passenger side rear light fixture in overhead.
The dish on the roof has a power cable attached to satellite cable for power

that info was also provided on this forum, (and when I showed my Satellite man he was very happy) and ran to bedroom where most of the wires ran from to remainder of RV.

Good luck on your quest.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote