Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #1

RW Customer Service

I am disappointed in RW Customer service and hope no one else is having this issue. I really like our RW but want to scream every time I have to call to get a issue resolved. I have only make 4 calls since we purchased our RW. Each time I am told by customer service they will check on the issue and get back to me. This never happens I have to call back days later and basically start over with explaining the issue. Good thing I don't treat my customers this way or I would not have any.

I am the only one with this issue? I sure hope so.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
I am disappointed in RW Customer service and hope no one else is having this issue. I really like our RW but want to scream every time I have to call to get a issue resolved. I have only make 4 calls since we purchased our RW. Each time I am told by customer service they will check on the issue and get back to me. This never happens I have to call back days later and basically start over with explaining the issue. Good thing I don't treat my customers this way or I would not have any.

I am the only one with this issue? I sure hope so.
You are not! Until they fire their customer service manager who has no idea what customer service is and has total disconnect from the consumer they will continue with this problem IMO ....

Here is my story complete with names!

http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...sent-2894.html

This is why a good dealer is so very important. My dealer helped me immensely to get this resolved. Thank You B.Young RV!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #3

Another black eye for RW customer service: We had our shade at the dinette table fall down over the weekend ( I know has happened to others) - probably should have 3 mounting clips rather than 2. Both clips broke, called customer service and was informed parts must be ordered from a dealer. I do not have a dealer within 250 miles nor would I expect a dealer to order these clips, ship them to him, complete a warranty claim and ship the parts to me for parts that have a retail value of $1.00. Customer service was not going to bend on this simple issue so I called Irvine shade (mfg of our shades) who could not be more helpful. These folks do understand Customer Service. They are sending replacement mounting clips plus a few extras to install on the larger shades - no charge. Come on Redwood--Really???
Ken&Cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Cyndie View Post
Another black eye for RW customer service: We had our shade at the dinette table fall down over the weekend ( I know has happened to others) - probably should have 3 mounting clips rather than 2. Both clips broke, called customer service and was informed parts must be ordered from a dealer. I do not have a dealer within 250 miles nor would I expect a dealer to order these clips, ship them to him, complete a warranty claim and ship the parts to me for parts that have a retail value of $1.00. Customer service was not going to bend on this simple issue so I called Irvine shade (mfg of our shades) who could not be more helpful. These folks do understand Customer Service. They are sending replacement mounting clips plus a few extras to install on the larger shades - no charge. Come on Redwood--Really???
Once again I feel this is a product of the retail Customer Service Manager Mike Antal. He himself has no clue what customer service is so how can he manage a customer service department?
I'm sure there is a bonus plan in place $$$$ .... And it's the same tune over and over again, sorry call your dealer ... Then they proceed to tell the dealer no. I'm just glad I have a great dealer it's a pain because they are 125 miles away but they do help the customer.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I had a burnt out LED light and called cust service and was told they can not ship anytthing out. It has to go through a dealer. They went a step farther and put me in touch with Tiara rv sales in Indiana. My dealer is 150 miles away, Tiara asked for the vin# of the trailer to get the right parts. They are in transit as we speak. Jennifer in parts was great to deal with and very helpful. I purchased extra lights for future burn outs. I have had very good luck on any warrenty issues with Redwood . I find they are fantastic compared to other manufactors i have dealt with in the past
Old 07-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I had a burnt out LED light and called cust service and was told they can not ship anytthing out. It has to go through a dealer. They went a step farther and put me in touch with Tiara rv sales in Indiana. My dealer is 150 miles away, Tiara asked for the vin# of the trailer to get the right parts. They are in transit as we speak. Jennifer in parts was great to deal with and very helpful. I purchased extra lights for future burn outs. I have had very good luck on any warrenty issues with Redwood . I find they are fantastic compared to other manufactors i have dealt with in the past
Great news, at least they directed you to a good dealer that will help!
Old 07-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #7

On behalf of Redwood, I am sorry that you are upset with customer service. We understand that everyone has problems and concern and we are trying our best to take care of everyone in a timely matter. If you would like to private message me with your troubles of your fifth wheel, I would be glad to send them over to my contact in customer service. Thank you
-Taylor
ttroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #8

In the past they were fantastic for me, if I had an issue they sent me parts or reimbursement for said parts. I repaired all of the warranty issues, except 3 or 4 that were repaired at the service center in the 8 months. Now I'm almost glad I'm past the 2 year warranty, what a PITA!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttroup View Post
On behalf of Redwood, I am sorry that you are upset with customer service. We understand that everyone has problems and concern and we are trying our best to take care of everyone in a timely matter. If you would like to private message me with your troubles of your fifth wheel, I would be glad to send them over to my contact in customer service. Thank you
-Taylor
Are you an employee of Redwood? It would help if you guys identified yourself with your position in the company
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Are you an employee of Redwood? It would help if you guys identified yourself with your position in the company
Old 07-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #11

http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...od-2981-3.html

The link above was our first post on the forum of what we are here to do and establish with our Redwood customers.

So to answer your question, yes I am a Redwood employee. As Christian has explained, we are part of a new branch of marketing, specifically customer outreach. It is our job to build relationships with you guys and help you in anyway possible. We are another source to reach out.
ttroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #12

Quote:

The link above was our first post on the forum of what we are here to do and establish with our Redwood customers.

So to answer your question, yes I am a Redwood employee. As Christian has explained, we are part of a new branch of marketing, specifically customer outreach. It is our job to build relationships with you guys and help you in anyway possible. We are another source to reach out.
Great to hear!
The first thing RW needs to do is explain to your retail customer service manager what Customer service is ... This does not include "he will contact you" only have him not and when contact is finally made (after request to talk to the general manager) it does not include "I'll call you back" only to have an underling call you to say "sorry there is nothing we will do" and he Has no additional information.
A Retail Customer Service Manager should be all about Retail Customer Service .... Not avoid the retail customer at all costs ... Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I believe it is Tayler the little girl that has been helping everyone
Old 07-09-2015, 12:40 AM   #14

Quote:

You should probably add some of that info to your profile Taylor, not everyone on here was around for your first post. In fact AndyR should give you folks a marker under your monicker designating you as employees.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:48 AM   #15

still waiting for a call back from Terry from August 18, 2014!!!!
new yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:29 AM   #16

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Quote:

Taylor
Don't get discouraged, you have done a wonderful job of helping break the wedge between some of the disgruntled customers and redwood. Keep up the good work. We have a very small majority of people making complaints compared to the number of units out there. As I learned many years ago when dealing with people you will not make them all happy NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. You have been a great addition to Redwood. Continue what you are doing
Old 07-09-2015, 04:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I believe it is Tayler the little girl that has been helping everyone
Shane, Shane, Shane. When I hear the phrase "little girl," I can't help but think of my 3 year old granddaughter. I don't know Taylor, but I suspect she's all grown up.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:30 AM   #18

We have been waiting for a replacement blind for 6 months. Customer service cant sent it direct to us and the dealer keeps telling us the RW has not sent out the replacement and RW says the dealer never ordered. I am so confused nice to know this 100k trailer is represented so well.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #19

I will say this on the side of Redwood. After dealing with "RW Customer Service" for several months I contacted my dealer's sales manager (who was my salesman at the time of my purchase) and ask him for help. He reached out to the area rep for Redwood and between the two of them have succesfully resolved my issues. Having a great dealer (B.Young RV) is a major plus and a rep who listens to its dealer and customer is a sign of good things in the future for Redwood. It just should not be this hard and frustrating to get something fixed, doesn't matter if it's a $20,000 RV or a $100,000 plus RV.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #20

So I guess the rest of us that have a poor dealer that does not know the meaning of "Service after the Sale" and bought our Redwood to fulltime in and travel the USA are just out of luck

Having a list of dealers like Tiara RV (with contact info) that will actually help Redwood owners would be a real plus.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote