Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #1

RV Service recommendations

We fulltime and are in need of roof repair/replacement due to low hanging limb. I talked with Tiara RV service and was told it could be done in three days and thought maybe their parts agreement with Redwood might increase my chances of quick service . I've got an Externabond patch on it now that is water tight, so I'm not desperate for a repair. Does anyone have experience with Tiara Service or recommendation?

Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #2

I would definately recommend Colerain rv in Cincinnati over Tiara rv. Colerain also has a dealership in Indianapolis In.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #3

I and several other Redwood owners that have had roof problems have had RV Roof.com replace / repair the roof and been very satisfied.
They will give you a lifetime of the coach / transferable warranty (Materials and Labor).
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:29 AM   #4

Rob:
Did you use RV Roof or RV Armor for your roof?

2014 38RL, 2014 RAM Dually and Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #5

George,

I think both RV Armor and RV Roof are both great products.

I used RV Armor mainly because they will come to you and do the Roof installation / repair on site anywhere in the nation.
I was in Dallas TX when my Roof Membrane came loose which prevented me from traveling without doing more damage to the Roof and the underlying structure.
RV Armor has a good product and process, a Lifetime Nationwide Warranty and was very easy to work with.
Fortunately for me, my Roof Failure happened while my Redwood was still under the Factory 2 year warranty and the previous management was still in place. Warranty approval took a few days and RV Roof worked directly with Redwood in getting quotes and answering questions.
If you have any problems with the RV Roof or damage it by accident from hitting a limb or debris, they will come to your location and repair it.
They also give you a repair kit in case you need to repair or remove and replace something on the roof (vents, skylight, etc) and need to reseal the roof.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:25 AM   #6

Rob,
Thanks. I thought you had used RV-Armor in the end. Redwood would not cover ours under warranty. They said it was a month past warranty and it is not a structural issue. Hal thought they should pay it but without RW looking directly at the roof, they wouldn't stand behind it. I've tried everything I know in working with them. So we expect to move forward with RV-Armor when we can (on our own). Maybe we luck out and get a hail storm.

2014 38RL, 2014 RAM Dually and Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #7

Robert, did RV Armor also paint the top edge to match the full body paint?

Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCasa View Post
Robert, did RV Armor also paint the top edge to match the full body paint?
No, they do not paint the wrap part of the roof, one option they offer a clear roof coating for the wrap part of the roof so the painted color shows through.
I opted not to go that way, as my concern is the clear would yellow quite a bit in the summer sun and heat.

The second option is the roof coating material comes in 3 colors, White, Tan and Grey.

Since my Redwood is the Maroon and Tan color, I had them just put the Tan colored Roof material on the Roof side wrap and the White colored roof material on the center / main part of the roof. The White colored roof material on the center / main part of the roof should help a little with the summer heat.

For me personally it looks fine and I am happy with it.

Also, I am a fulltimer and travel / move about every week or two year round, when looking at the painted portion of the roof before we did the repairs in Texas, there was already signs of the paint on the roof material coming off.
Some RV manufacturers that do Full Body paint do not paint the Roof Membrane.

image5.JPG

IMG_2168.jpg