Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2021, 09:47 PM   #21

This does not look like what I am seeing. I will take a picture of it and send it to you.
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #22

I cannot figure out how to attach an image . Any suggestions?
Old 04-28-2022, 02:51 PM   #23

Thumbs up thank you for your research

thanks for your research I am about to tackle this task
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo9350 View Post
This is an Edit of my post before correcting it. My 2013 36RE needed gaskets replace on some of my slides. I took it to a RV repair and they wanted almost 3k to replace them all. So when I got home I did some research and this is what I found out. The Kitchen and Dinning slideout require AP 018-2030-168 Double EK D Base, 2" x 3-3/16" over the top and down the sides. This is shipped straight so has to be shipped by truck. RV supplies wanted a fortune to ship this, I found it on Amazon and with Prime it is free shipping. It comes in 14' lengths for $172. This seal is shaped like a U with the D seal bracket on both sides so you are replacing the inside and outside wiper at the same time. It spans thru the wall to attach on the inside and outside walls. For the bottom of the Outside Kitchen and Dining slides you will need AP 018-413-BLK on Amazon for $158.60 for 35'. For the Bedroom slide it took a whole different wiper. I found on Amazon, AP Products 018314BLK Wiper Blade, this is the same part number as AP 018-314-Blk which is a 1/2 Inch Width x 2.75 Inch Height wiper with bracket for the D seal. The wiper blade on this is 1 1/4" wide and on Amazon for $155.18 for 35'. This works for the two sides of the Bedroom Slide. For the top of the Outside Bedroom slide you will need AP 018-413-BLK also on Amazon for $158.60 for 35'. The inside of the Bedroom slide takes the same wipers and D seal as the outside. Now for the D seal, the same size D seal works on all sides inside and out for all slides and that is AP Products 018-312-EKD Black 1" x 15/16" D-Seal. This comes in 35' at Amazon for $88.79. The sealant you use to put on the outside edge of the D seal is GEOCEL 2300 CLEAR Construction Tripolymer Sealant 10.3 oz. Cartridge. This is one of the few sealants that will stick to the rubber gasket and side of the RV. The best price I found on this was from Conspec Materials Inc in Tampa Fla at $6.99 a tube (www.conspecmaterials.com), you will need almost 1 tube per slide for the outside D gaskets. The hardest part of replacing all these gaskets is removing the old sealant after you have removed the D seal and I found for the Kitchen and Dining slide removing the staples they used to attach the seal to the wall an adventure. When installing the U shaped seal for the Kitchen and Dining I believe it would be easier if you had a helper inside to align the seal. The inside will have the self sticky tape on it so I didn't put in staples to hold it once in place I just pulled the tape cover off and left it at that. If it comes lose I will dig out my air stapler and put some in. It was a lot cheaper replacing these myself and I have done it by myself, a helper would have been real nice. I hope this information helps others that need to replace your gaskets and can't afford to pay the big price tag the RV Repair places want to do it.
allenroy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:53 AM   #24

WOW, this sounds way too complicated for me. Great information
Old 07-05-2022, 06:50 PM   #25

Slide out gasket repair with slide out awnings

Hi everyone, has anyone done the gasket repair on the slide outs with the slide out awnings on them? I believe it’s a lot more difficult to do. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.
I have a 2012 RW36RL Unit
Thanks
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo9350 View Post
I knelled and lied down on top of the slide also Iceman, I believe you might be able to just open the slide a little bit and then use a ladder to get up but you would have to shield the ladder from the slide to keep from scratching it up, also move the ladder a lot as you move along the side. I just preferred to climb up and get on the slide and do the work.
You mean you can stand on the slide?
eikaun@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 12:54 PM   #27

Need longer slide seals

I realize this is an older thread but recently purchased a 2012 M36FB and several of the kitchen and LR slide seals need replacing including the top seals.

The double seal part number provided in this thread (AP Products 018-2030-168) is the longest section that I can find which is 14ft long but my kitchen slide is longer than 14ft. So what have others done in this situation?

Splice in a small section to span the entire length or is this product available in longer lengths that I haven't found yet?
samert111@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote