Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to medic1368
<h5 ="uiStreamMessage userWrapper" -ft="&quot;&quot;:1,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quot;" style="font-size: 13px; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px 20px 0px 15px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;">We just took delivery of our $98,000 Redwood 36 RL. We pulled it home on Friday May 17th. On Sunday night we had a rain storm. The kitchen on Monday had water on the counter. We contacted the RV dealer and they sent someone out right away thinking the water had come through the front A/C. When the service tech got on the roof he found that the roof coating was cut back to far so that the A/C seal did not cover it. Now the insulation, wood and ceiling panels in the rig are ruined. The RV dealer is working really hard to control the leak, and they want to FIX the unit under warranty! WE do not WANT a FIXED $98000 dollar RV. I want a new one that we can enjoy without the worry of MOLD and damaged roofing. We have Heard nothing but good things about Redwood, that is why We spent the extra money for the peace of mind after terrible experiences with Heartland. What are you going to do for us?</span></h5>

Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your situation. Suggest you contact Crossroads Customer Service Center at 574-457-7800 to discuss your options.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #3

I wish you well on your quest for satisfaction.

The 98K that you just shelled out is very relative to them. It doesn't matter if you spend 70K or 125K. It's all the same. They've got to get these trailers out in a certain time frame. If there are problems once the trailer gets to the end user (you) they'll fix whatever the problem(s) may be at the dealer level. Hopefully, you have a knowledgeable dealer with knowledgeable techs.

Good luck!

Dave from Maine<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #4

I really don't tth all think it can now be handled at the dealer level. With all the water damage in the ceiling and roof area, should you want to put up with the possible mold and trickle down effects? We haven't even camped in it yet. Then it will be in the shop all summer so there goes our camping season. In Minnesota the season is pretty short!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

I feel that if the leak was bad enough to ruin the plywood sheeting and insulation, the least would be for it to go back to the factory for rebuild. Depending on the seriousness of the damage and the capabilities of the dealers shop it may be able to be repaired there. It's kind of like a new car getting damaged in transit. Does it require a new fender, or is there damage to the vehicles integrity. Hopefully they'll treat you decent and take care of the problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1368
&lt;h5 ="uiStreamMessage userWrapper" -ft=""":1,"tn":"K"" style="font-size: 13px; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px 20px 0px 15px; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;"&gt;&lt;span ="message" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; line-height: 1.38;"&gt;We just took delivery of our $98,000 Redwood 36 RL. We pulled it home on Friday May 17th. On Sunday night we had a rain storm. The kitchen on Monday had water on the counter. We contacted the RV dealer and they sent someone out right away thinking the water had come through the front A/C. When the service tech got on the roof he found that the roof coating was cut back to far so that the A/C seal did not cover it. Now the insulation, wood and ceiling panels in the rig are ruined. The RV dealer is working really hard to control the leak, and they want to FIX the unit under warranty! WE do not WANT a FIXED $98000 dollar RV. I want a new one that we can enjoy without the worry of MOLD and damaged roofing. We have Heard nothing but good things about Redwood, that is why We spent the extra money for the peace of mind after terrible experiences with Heartland. What are you going to do for us?&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/h5&gt;
Sounds like nothing has changed with redwood. same old junk, coming off the line.

Lillyputz
Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #7

Louisiana has a 30 day lemon law, they would have to take it back.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #8

Wow John... you really are bitter and take advantage of every badmouthing opportunity that presents itself to get Redwood's attention.

How's that working so far?
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
Wow John... you really are bitter and take advantage of every badmouthing opportunity that presents itself to get Redwood's attention.

How's that working so far?
He cracks me up
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #10

I'm really kinda tired of hearing it. You got a lemon, OK, but that does not mean that RW is not taking care of issues and everything they do is bad. We only know one side of your story and there are ALWAYS two side to every story as we all know. Sure would be nice to get a break from this particular one.

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

medic 1368 I wouldn't mess around...I would contact Tom Montague immediately at t.montague@redwoodrv.com and asl him to call you..I can't find his phone number but if I find it I will send it...Then I would call Ron Howardor Leonard Nielson at 1-260-593-3850 and use the prompts to talk to 1 of them and get Tom's number...I don't think they should be able to make you keep this unit They could build you another unit probably faster than they could repair this one...and I would have them void this contract and start a new one when you get your new unit
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #12

Gary and Becky Tom Montaggue's number is 1-260-593-3850 and follow the prompts
RW36FB
Old 05-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #13

No Lemon Law in Minnesota already talked to a lawyer.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #14

Don't even mention Lemon Law to Tom...Just call him and tell and show him pictures if you have any . If not go take some and information on date you picked it up. Ask him how he would like to pay for something that is supposed to be quality inspected and only have it for a few days to find that he has a swimming pool instead of a high dollar RV, which is what you contracted for. Tell him you did not get what you paid for and you don't want a unit that will have to be tore apart and may take a long time to repair and that in no way can it be repaired to be like new...NEW IS WHAT YOU PAID FOR.....GO GET EM
RW36FB
Old 05-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Site Team

For what it's worth.......I understand your frustration on the faulty roof. Last July I noticed a bubble appearing on the side of my trailer when it got really hot out side. Apparently they didn't put enough glue on the fiberglass and with the expansion caused by the extra heat, a large bubble would form.

They ended up taking the trailer apart and then repainting the side (matching the paint perfectly). When they got done the trailer is as good as new. My point is this.....I understand your frustration but give the factory a chance to consider all options. They sure fixed mine and treated me fairly in the process. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #16

SW1117 what two sides? I have 3 inches of water in my ceiling due to a workman not paying attention. I have spoken with Redwood and the dealer. They want to FIX it. I don't want a repaired new RV. I want a new one. I paid for a new one. Redwood is listening. They are looking at options. I still think Redwood is a great product. This was a freak accident. It's how they handle this, that will show what kind of a company they are.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #17

Quote:
SW1117 what two sides? I have 3 inches of water in my ceiling due to a workman not paying attention. I have spoken with Redwood and the dealer. They want to FIX it. I don't want a repaired new RV. I want a new one. I paid for a new one. Redwood is listening. They are looking at options. I still think Redwood is a great product. This was a freak accident. It's how they handle this, that will show what kind of a company they are.

Ithink he ment the putz.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Quote:

Â*
Â*
IÂ*think he ment the putz.
X2

I don't think SW1117 comment was directed at you Medic1368. They are too nice a folks. It had another target.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I certainly understand your concern and I'm not sure what I would do. I read another post on RV net where the Dealer tec push the slide out during the PDI with a drawer open and it wrecked the slide. Similar concern - will you accept a refurb when you haven't even got a chance to use it yet. I might be inclined to let them try.Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #19

I spoke with a Janea at Redwood and she was really helpful. It seems my Facebook post has reached just about everybody at Redwood including Tom. What an amazing thing Social Media is! They are working on a solution. But we are holding our ground. There is only one solution in our minds.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #20

Medic1368,<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

I can assure you that the comment made from SW1117 was directed at Lilly Putz and not at you. SW1117 has listened to Lilly Putz's negative comments for awhile and has become annoyed by his one liners. Not to mention alot of other forum readers here. Ya it probably would have been better if SW1117 placed Lilly Putz in quotes and commented then you wouldn't have been offended.

If you read back through some of the forum comments from Lilly Putz and SW1117, among others. You will also, see a history where SW1117 and others have tried to help a process of getting Lilly Putz to move forward with getting in touch with the right people to resolve issues. Just like Rolls Royce has done with you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Dave from Maine
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote