Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I sprayed the eternabond cleaner, and applied it directly on top of everything... I made sure to keep it heavier towards the roof , and not the cap... After hearing about Robs ordeal last year , I figured that would help with stopping any air getting in...

I agree, in hind site if I had eternabonded my Roof to Cap Seams where the factory just globed sealant on, I very likely would not have had my roof issue last year.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
I agree, in hind site if I had eternabonded my Roof to Cap Seams where the factory just globed sealant on, I very likely would not have had my roof issue last year.
It's funny, when you look at the slide out roofs and where they meet the outside of the slide, Redwood uses eternabond tape to seal it instead of globbing caulk on it, but when you look at the roof where the caps meet, Redwood only globs sealant on that area yet it take the brunt of the wind going down the highway. Seems to me that if it is good enough for the slides, it's good enough for the main roof. I suppose the $50.00 Redwood saves by only using caulk is probably worth it. It only has to last 2 years.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #23

I think it was the second year of ownership when I took the RW back to the dealer for the "roof inspection", that they pointed out that roof issue. The dealer pumped about 5 gallons of caulk on that joint. So far, so good.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #24

Well, I fixed it!!!! we had heavy monsoon rains all weekend in Northern Arizona, and no leak, it was the front cap all along, even though the Camping World tech said he fixed that, and I should look in other areas and I took his word for it, I finally looked and noticed that all the beads of sealer he laid were next to the holes (drinking maybe) so I sealed the holes, no more leak. The moral of this story is, I am the idiot for not walking 20 more feet to look. I want to thank everyone for your great advice, everyone helped, I even started looking into ways to prevent the bedroom slide problem that I would have never known about. Thanks Again.
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:27 AM   #25

Hi we have a 36rl. The roof is leaking thru the air conditioner vents. Was that your issue ? It’s raining
Wheelsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:43 AM   #26

Mine actually turned out to be the front cap lap seal was almost non existant, I had to hire a traveling tech to fix it because neither the Flagstaff Az Camping World, or Redwood would do a thing about it, even though it was a week old, and had a two year warranty. But I think the only way you would get water through the AC vents is probably due to a bad seal under the AC unit, or units. That would be the first thing I would check. I hope you are able to get it squared away.
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote