Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #1

Ripped off the wood trim

Well my wife decided yesterday to put out the slides before checking to make sure nothing had moved in the RW while in transit. I heard this Loud cracking noise and before I could yell stop the trim on the main slide came splintering off all over the living area.

The couch had moved while we were in transit and cushion was jammed in the slide. Now I have wood pcs to either glue it all back together or order a new pc from Dealer. Side table was also damaged in the mess so now I am rebuilding the table also.

Anyone had any luck getting replacement trim from RW?
Old 08-02-2016, 11:44 PM   #2

Have not needed to replace broken trim. Ours was loosened up by a grandsons duffle bag that shifted off the couch. I pin nailed it back on. Not sure if you can get it through Tiara RV in Elkhart as they are supposedly the redwood parts distributors I think. You will probably need your production date from your weight tag on the outside of the unit in order to get the correct color. Also is it the fancy fascia on the outside facing outward on the slide out, or is it the paneling piece that covers the rubber on the side? Or both?

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #3

We had the same issue with our RL and was able to get the trim from B Young in Portland, but it took 4 tries to get the right width, length and stain color. They shipped it to us in AZ and was able to get it put on during our stay last winter. Our service advisor is no longer there, but the service manager will be able to help you.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #4

B Young is where we purchased the RW I will give them a call. I have another service call in September to have the Door Looked at for the second time. I may have them install the new trim Pc then. The part that broke off is the Large flat front with the design and the small pc that is on the side of the slide.

I am going to look at installing a L bracket on the couch so it will not move. I had a close call and had to slam on the brakes on the way back from our weekend at the coast and I think this is why the couched moved.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #5

Same thing happened to me on way home from picking it up. The couch cushion moved toward the slide and when I hit the button, I heard that same cracking sound. Luckily, it only tore off the side trim that covers the weatherstrip. I pin-nailed it back on.
Now, our routine is every time we travel, we remove the two couch cushions and store them between the dining chairs and the recliner.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
B Young is where we purchased the RW I will give them a call. I have another service call in September to have the Door Looked at for the second time. I may have them install the new trim Pc then. The part that broke off is the Large flat front with the design and the small pc that is on the side of the slide.

I am going to look at installing a L bracket on the couch so it will not move. I had a close call and had to slam on the brakes on the way back from our weekend at the coast and I think this is why the couched moved.
I hope you have better luck with B young Rv than I have had they did so much damage to my 2016 39mb when it was in for warranty work that was to take 2 weeks after 6 weeks I took it back. I am sure glad that I did a PDI before hooking up to the truck. It has to go back to the factory in October to have the damages fixed along with other warranty work that B young was suppose to do .
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:04 AM   #7

Ed

I have also had my struggles with them. They installed a new door and will have to do it again. I also think they are not going to carry RW any longer I have noticed they do not have any 2017's on the lot. I may try Paul Everett in Eugene for future work.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
Ed

I have also had my struggles with them. They installed a new door and will have to do it again. I also think they are not going to carry RW any longer I have noticed they do not have any 2017's on the lot. I may try Paul Everett in Eugene for future work.
Please let me know how it goes with them I will have to find a place for service.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:49 AM   #9

We learned early on to remove the curb side cushion and place it in the recliner. Never totally ripped off the molding but close.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #10

Our couch was a bit too soft so I put a piece of 1/4" plywood under cushions & then added industrial strength Velcro to hold the cushions in place, haven't moved since.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote