Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #1

Residential refrigerator install

We are at the point where we need to replace our stock refrigerator. We took it in for service and 10 days later I had to demand the return because of prior commitment, more on that later.

After returning home I noticed a funny smell and found a lb of no - longer - frozen turkey in the freezer. After trying absolutely everything known to man and several cleaning with bleach, the smell to persists. So I give up. I'm in contact with a repair shop in KC and he will do the install.

I have to provide the refrigerator and converter.

Any suggestions?

He also wants to know the dimensions of the stock fridge. Anyone know that?

Back to the repair.......B Young RV in Oregon. The service department there sux

I scheduled my appointment 2 months in advance. I told them I needed it back in a week but they took 10 days and only completed a fraction of the items on my list.

Black tank leaks...repaired

I asked them to rebuild the seals in the stool.....they greased the gasket and said it was fine. Two days later, when the vasoline washed away, it's back to not holding water.

Fridge not cooling properly.....they said it needed a part that would take two weeks to get....not repaired

Thermostat not working correctly. Fan runs all the time.....never got around to it.

Roof inspected. (Here is the best one) they said they found a couple of points that could use some attention but that I only told them to look at it and didn't tell them to specifically repair them. So that's what they did. Looked at it.

Stress crack by bedroom slide.....the reason given for the 2 months lead time was so they could coordinate with the body shop. After taking my RV they told me it would be several weeks before the body shop could work me in.....stress crack not repaired

I had removed the belly pan in order to identify the leak before scheduling the repair. After I found the leak I didn't see a reason to put it back on as they would have to take it off any way. I was told that bringing the unit in with the belly pan removed voided the warranty and I could either pay all the repairs related or I could wait for approval from Redwood for warranty and , yes you guessed it, that would take 3 weeks. Here's the kicker to that story. After I got home I saw that they hadn't installed the metal strips on either side of the belly pan. I had to re-do their work.

Broken vent cover.....replaced

I didn't come here to vent so if anyone has information I would appreciate the input

Thanks
Steve Oom
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #2

Steve, I feel your pain. I to have had my Run around with them. I have a mobile RV guy that I use now. Have to pay the service call but I avoid taking my RV to them at all costs. I may have to pay and then submit to RW for my money back but better than dealing with B Young. I have been waiting for over 6 months for them to get me a blind that we found on the PDI. I finally ordered one from the Manufacture and had it in 4 days cost me $85.00. I did not tell them I got the blind and I keep checking on it to hear the excuses. I am looking forward to the day when I can use my extended warranty and take to who I like.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
Steve, I feel your pain. I to have had my Run around with them. I have a mobile RV guy that I use now. Have to pay the service call but I avoid taking my RV to them at all costs. I may have to pay and then submit to RW for my money back but better than dealing with B Young. I have been waiting for over 6 months for them to get me a blind that we found on the PDI. I finally ordered one from the Manufacture and had it in 4 days cost me $85.00. I did not tell them I got the blind and I keep checking on it to hear the excuses. I am looking forward to the day when I can use my extended warranty and take to who I like.
And I forwarded this post to redwood
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod123 View Post
And I forwarded this post to redwood
Sorry Not yours, mine but you should also. Maybe we can save future owners the headaches
Old 08-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #5

RW is aware of mine also, but they will not send the parts direct to me have to go to the dealer. I wonder if anyone has any experience with George Sutton RV in Eugene. I am in Salem and I could go down to them instead of dealing with B Young.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #6

If your still under warranty, send a copy of your receipts for
your blinds to the service center with an explanation & I'd bet you could get reimbursed. Also if further parts are needed call Tiara Rv in Elkhart Indiana as they have a deal with RW to ship parts to you, you'll have to furnish your vin number.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 AM   #7

Danny thanks for the tip. I will have to see if that will work
Old 08-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
If your still under warranty, send a copy of your receipts for
your blinds to the service center with an explanation & I'd bet you could get reimbursed. Also if further parts are needed call Tiara Rv in Elkhart Indiana as they have a deal with RW to ship parts to you, you'll have to furnish your vin number.
I broke my flapper on the outside vent.. called Tiara and had a new complete vent delivered within 4 days.. $9.00 + shipping.. great service
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #9

http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...ghlight=fridge

Here is the link with the information I changed mine out with. I used a 700 watt inverter. On hind site, I should have used a bigger one. I didn't know that the whole slide was on 1 circuit.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #10

We have been in Eugene for 6 months, establishing new Oregon residency. We have had several dealings with Sutton: yearly inspection back in June, warrenty slideout issues along with some poor cabinet construction and the usual "other things." No problems with their service - in fact, they went well above and beyond dealer service with a few other issues. Going back in early Jan. for a hydraulic leak, and again in April for the next inspection, before we leave for Alaska. But we will not take the 38GK there - we bought a used 23' Jayco just for the Alaska trip. Bought it, and will resell it through Sutton. No dealer is perfect, but so far they seem as close to an ideal dealer as I could hope to find.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote