Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #1

Residential Refrigerator

We have a Whirlpool refrigerator and I've noticed recently when it starts up it's a bit noisy. Not sure if it's been doing it for a while and I'm just noticing it or is something new. The noise or vibrations will go away after 15 or 20 seconds and then it's just as quiet as it can be. It's cooling just fine as well. I was walking by earlier and it started and I immediately shook the unit and it quit right away.

I'm pretty sure the fridge in our home made noises to some degree on startup and did so for years and I'm just being a bit paranoid. But considering that access to repair one in a 5 th wheel can be difficult it is a little concerning.

Any ideas ?

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #2

Ours is getting nosier also. Probably time to clean under it. Pull the cover off under the freezer drawer and clean out the dust. Would be nice if we had a outside door behind it to clean.

Rick