Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
gaw

Replacing corian sink with stainless steel

We have the 38FL and it has the Corian sink. We have only had the unit since June and the sink looks crappy (stained). At home I can use bleach to keep it clean but it is not such a great idea in a camper.

I am very diligent in cleaning the sink with soap and a soft sponge a.s.a.p, but there are quite a few stains that I can't get rid off. Not to happy about that!!
I have read the post about using Mr clean eraser, will be looking for those.

My question is, has anybody replaced there Corian sink with a stainless steal version? Does the soap mould pose any problem in getting a stainless sink?
gaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #2

I have a corian sink at home that I've had for 14 years and it is also white. The Lysol cleaner with peroxide would be safer to use, but I really like Bar Keepers Friend for keeping it white. I am not sure if the Corian in our RV's is true Corian or another brand.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 AM   #3
gaw

I think you are right about not being true Corian. I will definitely try Bar Keepers Friend.

Thanks for the tip.
gaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #4

Stainless steel???

I too am interested in switching our sink. Still wondering if anyone else has done that. If yes, what make and model fits the countertop with the soap cutout?
LISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #5

Been fulltime in my 38FL for over 3 years and use Bar Keepers Friend to keep my kitchen sink nice and white.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #6

Anything is possible, they are glued in place. If you have a dishwasher the biggest problem is there is not much room to work above it, took me 1/2 day to change the faucet, I'm much too tall & my arms much too short.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #7

I have decided that I am going to remove the back Panel on the Island Cabinets and then reinstall them with Hinges and Locking hardware. This will make the Island cabinets more accessible. Reaching up from the other side through the doors does not work for us. I have seen this in other designs and looks like something I can do myself. My next project LOL. Like I don't have enough project with our RW over the last three years.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #8

My DW hates the sink, but has found a product at Lowes that cleans those crappy stains off, its called The Original Gel Gloss, kitchen and bath polish, she puts in sink and scrubs with a soft scrub.
Hope this helps someone.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #9

Still wondering if anyone has replaced the "Corian" sink in the 2014 Redwoods. Looking to replace ours with stainless. Finding one that works with the cutout in the countertop is the challenge.
LISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #10

I would LOVE to replace our sink with stainless steel! It's do-able for sure, just a little head scratching. I like the idea of putting hinges on the panels on the outside of the island!! Have to tell Todd about that so he can add it to his "Redwood List" which is always LONGGGG.

For whitening, I have had great success with filling the sink with hot water and about a 1/2 cup of bleach and letting it soak over night. Works extremely well.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISTY View Post
Still wondering if anyone has replaced the "Corian" sink in the 2014 Redwoods. Looking to replace ours with stainless. Finding one that works with the cutout in the countertop is the challenge.
Why don't you ask Redwood what sink would fit your design, I am sure they have installed them at some point.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
I have decided that I am going to remove the back Panel on the Island Cabinets and then reinstall them with Hinges and Locking hardware. This will make the Island cabinets more accessible. Reaching up from the other side through the doors does not work for us. I have seen this in other designs and looks like something I can do myself. My next project LOL. Like I don't have enough project with our RW over the last three years.
I looked one day to see if it was made that way, that thought crossed my mind, Redwood if you're monitoring this would make access to plumbing easy.
Easy works great for customers.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #13

I will let you know how it turns out I am going to tackle this next week. I have ordered some hinges like on the front cabinets and some southco latches similar to the ones used on the pantry door. Looks to be straight forward but I have thought that before.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
I will let you know how it turns out I am going to tackle this next week. I have ordered some hinges like on the front cabinets and some southco latches similar to the ones used on the pantry door. Looks to be straight forward but I have thought that before.
Yep, best made plans of men and mice, I always tell my DW, honey it should only take a hour or so before spending the whole day repairing something.
Ahhh the life of fulltiming.