Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #1

Question Remove Panel on Kitchen Island

Hi, all~

I recently purchased a 2013 RW36RL 5th wheel. I am transferring to home hemo dialysis (ick) and part of the setup requires tapping the water and drain line at the sink. This rv has the sink in an island. To get to the lines, they will either need to drill through the island panel, or, if it's possible, I'd like to remove that panel. I can't tell for sure how it is secured - it looks like it might be glued, as there aren't any tacks.

I didn't know if anyone had any reason in the past to remove a front panel on their kitchen island, but if you have, how did you do it without causing damage? There's not enough of a crack anywhere around the panel where I could attempt to pry it loose without damaging the panel or the surrounding area.

The panel in question is the center panel. It extends away from the 2 side panels. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I really hate to drill holes through it

tbone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg island-panel-1.jpg (96.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg island-panel-2.jpg (89.3 KB, 10 views)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:04 PM   #2

All of these lines can be reached form under the sink in mine. The lines go in behind the spice rack and then possibly behind the drawers beyond that. With out removing the spice rack/drawers, I m not quite sure how far they go. I have a 2013 RE, so the island is the same. If you require access to connections, you could have m cut into the panal and install a door.the
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
All of these lines can be reached form under the sink in mine. The lines go in behind the spice rack and then possibly behind the drawers beyond that. With out removing the spice rack/drawers, I m not quite sure how far they go. I have a 2013 RE, so the island is the same. If you require access to connections, you could have m cut into the panal and install a door.the
I was needing to tap both the water line and the drain line, which we were able to do from the back through the regular access. The lines had to come out the front of the island to attach to the machine. The plumber was able to drill under that extended piece to run the lines. But, the idea of adding a door is great! I'm glad to have that as a fall back. Thank you so much for responding.
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote