Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #41

A 2013 36RL pulled into the park here at Lake Junaluska NC yesterday. Met the couple, fulltimers who love their coach. Head their 2nd blowout with Marathons, it took off the fender on the door side.

Tire dealer told them that there was a bad batch of Marathons about 2 years ago...that the arathon was the BEST tire available??? Sounds like a sales job to me!!
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
A 2013 36RL pulled into the park here at Lake Junaluska NC yesterday. Met the couple, fulltimers who love their coach. Head their 2nd blowout with Marathons, it took off the fender on the door side.

Tire dealer told them that there was a bad batch of Marathons about 2 years ago...that the arathon was the BEST tire available??? Sounds like a sales job to me!!

I have read virtually every post on this forum and the other owner's forum over the past 3 years. My impression is that there are a few good RV dealership/service departments out there, but, there is also a lot of actual ignorance and/or feigned ignorance on the part of dealership/service departments. That is unfortunately a very sorry state of affairs.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
I have read virtually every post on this forum and the other owner's forum over the past 3 years. My impression is that there are a few good RV dealership/service departments out there, but, there is also a lot of actual ignorance and/or feigned ignorance on the part of dealership/service departments. That is unfortunately a very sorry state of affairs.

Well said Guy
Old 10-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #44

Agree totally!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #45

We are heading to the dealer to put our rig away for the winter. Today we ran down to Pa. So in the morning we have a 30 mile ride to drop off the RW. We are staying over night at Oak Creek campground in Narvon Pa. May wife was walking the dog and came back and said there another Redwood in the campground. I drove over to see it and it was another 31SL like ours. We met "like2camp" what a nice guy. We BS about our Redwoods and hand a real nice conversation for a while. It is really nice to meet someone with the same rig to talk about the good and the bad about our rig.
This was our first time running into another Redwood owner "we really are nice guys" ����