Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired educators
We are new to forum and this is first reply. We will be in Ft. Myers from mid January to mid March. Would be nice to visit with other Redwood owners.
We live in Fort Myers & currently keep our Redwood in Michigan, but would like to get together. Where do you stay when you are here in Ft Myers?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #22

If a FL rally is planned, let us know. We'd like to come for a visit even though our 5th wheel isn't in FL!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #23

You wouldn't happen to work in automotive sales would you? Edited by: Retired educators
Old 10-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #24

My guess is a Spammer, if you notice the link at the bottom of the post. Unless I'm totally missing something as the post makes no sense to me at all.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #25

Michelle and Ann. This is the start of the spam season. One more reason for a Name and vin number to post on this forum. If a non owner wanted to post there would be a SINGLE catagory slot for them to ask questions. Just a thought.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #26
Site Team

I've noticed that those without Redwoods don't seem to make much since anymore Like... where's your logic?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
One more reason for a Name and vin number to post on this forum. If a non owner wanted to post there would be a SINGLE catagory slot for them to ask questions. Just a thought.
Toby, I for one would hate to see something like that.

While I don't own a Redwood, yet, I read every post on this forum and contribute when I feel I can add something to the conversation.

There has been much discussion about controlling Spam in the Software and what the Administrators are doing to control it, but restricting the Forum to "Redwood/Blackwood" owners might do more harm than good.

Just my opinion, Keith
KWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #28

About the spam -
I'm puzzled - in order to post something, doesn't a user has to register with "someone on this forum?" This person says they are 22 years old & something about FL rentals. Whoever approves these requests to add someone to the forum, needs to monitor this more closely. I agree - we need better controls initiated!!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #29

Ive been trying to figure out what in the world his message is all about and why it would be on Redwood forum.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #30

Unfortunately the long promised and much need spam control and additional topic categories have not been addressed by the forum staff.
We should have had at least one moderator appointed by now as well.
The members of this forum were getting pretty steamed a few months ago when the spammers were having their way here and if more spam comes, we might all need to send private messages to the Admins.
We do have the option of using the other Redwood forum too..
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #31

Maybe we all have to move over to the Redwood section of the Thor Forum, at least there it appears there is an active moderator and maybe better Spam controls. But if we were to move, I wonder if it would be at all possible to archive all the post from here over into an archive in the Thor Forum?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #32

I doubt there would be a way to archive any of the posts from this forum to the Thor Forums because they use different forum software. We'd still be able to do searches here though. Also, most of the issues we have are common to other fifth wheels so information is readily available online.
My concern is that the powers that be at Redwood would take offense to our leaving and cancel future rallies.
I wish they would be more attentive to this forum. How hard can it be to put a couple moderators in place and add categories we can actually use. We've certainly waited long enough for that to happen. A visit to the Crossroads forum should tell us what to expect the future of this forum to be.
They have a couple more topic categories than we do but it's otherwise the same as this forum.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/default.asp
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #33

What "other" Redwood forum????? Didn't know there was more than this one
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #34

So why doen't Redwood service this forum, they have a link from their Offical webpage directly to this forum?
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #35

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Aldrich....You are giving your answers to what questions? What the hell kinda drugs are youn on? Dufass
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrich
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

My guess is a Spammer, if you notice the link at the bottom of the post.Â* Unless I'm totally missing something as the post makes no sense to me at all.
This is not a spam i am involved in this and giving my answers..
Aldrich - I see from your profile that you are 22 years old and employment is FL vacation rentals. This forum is for people that own Redwood fidth wheel RVs or are interested in purchasing one. Please be considerate of this. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #37

Let me ask you this Aldrich.... How did you happen across this forum in the first place??

You don't own a Redwood RV nor have you stated any interest in them. My guess is some sort of forum finding software that will register you and place your website link in a post in an attempt to boost your search engine ranking... Am i wrong?
My bet would be that you're not even the owner of the website mentioned in your signature. You're either the person hired to build the website, the person hired to get them ranked higher or both.
If I were contact the actual owner of the website would they know you are risking their reputation by spamming discussion forums?

Thankfully, the Admins of this forum have decided to appoint a couple Moderators so spammers will be tossed off the forum before the web crawlers get a chance to register their presence.

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #38

Well put, TA.