Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #21

That's scary!!! I wonder how high of a crosswind it takes to flip one of these? I suppose it being empty made it more susceptible to flipping...not something I ever want to go through. Believe i'll take the long road home!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #22

Glad to hear the driver was not hurt, except the embarrassment of his dirty britches, & I totally am with you on the lack of patience. Good luck, hope the second one has a better first trip.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #23

Yikes! Glad to hear everyone is safe. I'm sure you've been in touch with your rep (Jeff M.), but let me know if there is anything I can do!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #24

ouch !!

What a total bummer !! Glad nobody was hurt !! That is the model my wife and I are wanting in the near future.....
swannymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #25

swannymh- Would you prefer the rolled or un-rolled model?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #26

Boy.............. Does she have a DEAL for you ! ! !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
If I did not have to wait another 10 weeks for a new one, that could be funny...
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
based on their picture, I would say rolled please.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 AM   #29

doesn't look so bad from that view......just don't turn it over and my wife will never know !!!
swannymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #30

so sorry.... and i thought i had it bad on my delivery!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
so sorry.... and i thought i had it bad on my delivery!
You are exactly who I was thinking about when I saw that rollover! Yours was even worse as the transporter walked out on you.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I wonder how long the PDI for this one is going to take
Old 12-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I wonder how long the PDI for this one is going to take
15- 20 minutes...tops!
Old 12-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #34

So Sorry for this loss, being a new RW owner, I Immediately got a ab in the stomach when I saw the picture. Thinking how excited you were, and how long the delay will take. May your patience be strong till ur new new unit arrives
feeling your sorrow.
YogiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #35

For you all traveling, nothing has changed out here in the west - wind was ripping last night and hitting 90mph in the foothills.

Watch for the weather reports and watch the truckers! They typically find a place to park off the road pointing into the wind. You can see them lined up at the ramps sometimes.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:16 PM   #36

Play your cards right and you might see it on a scratched once and dented twice sell...wonder if the driver is trying to get paid for going some of the distance to its destination???
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
So Sorry for this loss, being a new RW owner, I Immediately got a ab in the stomach when I saw the picture. Thinking how excited you were, and how long the delay will take. May your patience be strong till ur new new unit arrives
feeling your sorrow.
Thanks for the kind words.

I am really amazed at how obsessed I became after placing the order building just the one I wanted. As I said before, I kept busy doing other preparations. Now I am not sure what to do with myself while I wait.

It has only been a couple of days and it feels like a couple of weeks. Wondering if I should be looking at other options..... Waiting for the new one will make my process about 21 weeks total.
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #38

[QUOTE=xtasee;59284]Thanks for the kind words.

I am really amazed at how obsessed I became after placing the order building just the one I wanted. As I said before, I kept busy doing other preparations. Now I am not sure what to do with myself while I wait.

It has only been a couple of days and it feels like a couple of weeks. Wondering if I should be looking at other options..... Waiting for the new one will make my process about 21 weeks total. [/QUOTE

We live in Indiana and have toured the manufacturing facility. Boy 21 weeks is a really long time. Wondering if You were to contact Crossroads to see if there is one very similar setting on someone's lot near you that might be satisfactory to your requirements?

Just a thought, we have only sober our new Redwood for a few months, but after researching other units, we are really glad we chose the Redwood.

My thoughts are with you as you look forward. May you find a answer quickly and that will fit your needs.

Allen
YogiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #39
Site Team

This is only a bump in the road of life....

We all get excited while waiting for our dreams to arrive. When we ordered ours, the time seemed to stand still until that special day and it was being delivered. Then we traveled 7 hours to the dealership and on that 7 hour trip we kept worrying if we made the right decision. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to buy several different RVs and each time I was more excited than a 13 year old boy getting his first kiss.

As tempting as it would be, don't settle for anything short of my dreams. Time will pass and you'll be ready when the new rig is completed and delivered. If nothing else, you can now be sure to recheck every option. Remember.....when traveling and you hear wind advisories.......pull into a rest area and face into the wind as much as possible (in a motor home we put our asses into the wind).
Old 12-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

It has only been a couple of days and it feels like a couple of weeks. Wondering if I should be looking at other options..... Waiting for the new one will make my process about 21 weeks total.
We ordered ours - picked nearly everything we could, and six weeks later we took delivery, however in that short six weeks, Redwood......
  • incorporated a residential fridge and inverter
  • resolved the conflict with awning covers and awning lights so you could order both
  • Redesigned the side entertainment center to accept a 55 inch TV instead of just a 42 inch
We didn't get the opportunity to order those features.

A few months after that, Redwood...........
  • Redesigned the entire exterior
  • Came out with the 38RL with king bed and slide in slide

Although there are changes I don't like, in the end mine was dated before it landed at the Dealer. At any point in this evolution, I would have been OK starting over. Hopefully it will work to your benefit!