Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #1

Redwood/CrossRoads Service Manager?

Does anyone have the name of the current warranty service manager at RW/CR? I have been dealing with a service tech at CR (Tom W.) for six months about a warranty slide repair, and I'm being stonewalled. He told me back in Jan. that my claim was approved, pending his completion of the "paperwork." I get a new excuse and an apology every week as to why he hasn't finished his job. This week: one person left, one got sick, and he is now sick. I'M sick of this stall technique. I've asked to speak with the senior manager when someone else answers the phone, and have been told that it's Tom, so that won't help me. (I think that there are only two service reps.) I need to speak with the Boss.
We had our RW 38 GK at Sutton's in Eugene last October to follow up on an unsatisfactory warranty "repair" they had made on our living area slides. After two days they told us to pick up our rig and have it repaired at an indy shop here in Eugene: it seems they were no longer authorized to make repairs of this nature. (???) So we brought the rig to Quality Coach Service in Eugene and received great service. When we submitted the invoice (about $1,000) to RW, we were told it was covered. In Jan. we were told that payment was approved, pending completion of the paperwork. Then we were told that a new system was put into place and they were working out the bugs. Etc. etc. for two more months. I wonder if CrossRoads is having a cash flow problem. That issue aside, I'd appreciate the name and contact info of the Boss in warranty service, if you know it. Thanks in advance.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #2

I would head over to the other site and you should find the contact info your looking for.

Steve
Old 03-24-2017, 11:54 PM   #3

I think there might be something going on at RW I have been working with mark barker at RW and now today when I call to talk with mark for an up date about my rig that is at the keystone factory in Pendleton Oregon instead of my call being received in Indiana it was received in Pendleton Oregon. The lady there told me my rig is now a keystone not sure what she meant by that and now I am not sure of what might be going on with RW if any thing.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:17 AM   #4

Would you please specify which other site you refer to? Thanks!
Old 03-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #5

Redwood Owners Group
Old 03-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #6

Michael Antal
Owner Relations Manager
305 Hawpatch Drive
Topeka, IN 46571
Toll Free: 855-226-7496
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #7

We were dealing with serious warranty issues and he handled them...
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:50 AM   #8

We had our hot water heater go out in December. A call to Crossroads and was told I'd have to take it in to the dealer for warranty repair. After some back and forth over the fact that the Redwood is our full time residence and there's no way I could take it to the dealer for them to sit on for a month or more, they finally agreed to reimburse me for the replacement unit and labor. They set up the mobile repair tech with Mark Barker, his only request was for photos of the defective unit and an invoice detailing the charges. All of this was complied with and in late January I received an email and call from Mark with a W9 form to complete and return. According to Mark this was all that was needed to mail me the check.

After nearly two months with no check arriving, I emailed Mark a week and a half ago. I received an email from Tom Woodiel stating that Mark no longer worked with Crossroads and asked that I send him my vin# so he could investigate. He later sent an email asking if we had returned the defective water heater to Crossroads, stating that the reimbursement was pending receipt of the defective parts. I called and explained that there was never a request to send in the defective unit only photos which the tech had already complied with as confirmed by Mark Barker in January. Mr Woodiel stated to me that he would take the matter to his superiors and determine how to proceed. After not hearing back from him for a week I again tried contacting him this past Friday. As of this evening, no call or return email. It seems they've gone quiet and I get the feeling I'm going to be screwed over.

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #9

Absolutely ridicules that Redwood is doing this!!
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Not so lucky with everything that went wrong with ours right off the lot but I have to say that Redwood and the customer service at that time (2015) were great to deal with. All my repairs except one trip to the service center were done right here at my house by a buddy who is a mobile tech. Once the problem was found RW sent all the parts needed to him and he installed. I paid him myself then sent a copy of the invoice and check to RW, within 2 weeks I always had a check in hand. Service center did a perfect repair on everything I needed.

Steve
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 AM   #10

I also saw recently where someone else on another RV forum (not a Redwood forum) was complaining about dealings with Crossroads and this Tom Woodiel person.

Not very encouraging at all. Maybe I'll try contacting Michael Antal in a day or two.

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #11

I just put in a call to Michael Antal at Redwood. Tom Woodeil answered the phone (!!!) and told me that Mr Antal no longer worked there. And no one has replaced him. Hmmm...
On Friday, I talked with Tom W. and no, the promised paperwork had not been completed,: they are down one man (Mark?) and he's been sick and other people have been sick... But he'll definitely get it done on Monday.
I called yesterday to ask if the paperwork (to create our reimbursement check) had been completed as promised. Tom's reply: "On a MONDAY?" I wonder if Monday is a "no work day" at Redwood. I also wonder if they're having a cash-flow problem - that would explain, if not excuse, a lot of things.
I guess we'll just have to continue to push Tom along for the time being.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
I think there might be something going on at RW I have been working with mark barker at RW and now today when I call to talk with mark for an up date about my rig that is at the keystone factory in Pendleton Oregon instead of my call being received in Indiana it was received in Pendleton Oregon. The lady there told me my rig is now a keystone not sure what she meant by that and now I am not sure of what might be going on with RW if any thing.
That's a surprise! Redwood started out being the "Cadillac" of Thor 5th wheels, then it went to Cross Roads and now to Keystone. Redwood is being tossed around like a red headed step child. What a shame! Maybe they're figuring Keystone needed a Cadillac brand.

On the brights side.....the rallys could be fun. They could cover a lot of RVs all at the same rally.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #13

So we've heard... I spoke with a Keystone rep yesterday about my claims. We still wonder if the slow payment is due to a cash flow problem there. Especially now that the company's been sold.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanN View Post
So we've heard... I spoke with a Keystone rep yesterday about my claims. We still wonder if the slow payment is due to a cash flow problem there. Especially now that the company's been sold.
I would guess neither has sold or was bought, but rather just shuffling to different division in the Thor harem.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #15

I got my up date yesterday about the leak in the bedroom slide that RW couldn't fine but Keystone did find. Keystone has ordered all the parts to fix the leak and all the damage thats from the leak. Walls and flooring and tiles. They are still addressing the sagging roof on the dinette slide. Sandy told assured me that after the rig is fixed they will do another rain test and moisture test. I had told her that RW tested it in there rain locker and didn't get it to leak and she said they'll test it outside in natures rain before taking it inside. I have talked with Sandy a few time and she sound like she knows how the rigs are built and what it takes to do the repairs.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #16

Keystone already has a caddy in their Montanas in my opinion. I had 3 of them before buying a Redwood in 2015. No problems with Montanas . Parts for minor issues easily acquired. Try that with Redwood. You'll be bounced around like a volleyball. Just saying
suma08 is offline   Reply With Quote