Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 04:54 AM   #1

Redwood 36RL Maxx Fan Issue over bedrm

Anyone out there have issues with the Fan when opening up it starts ratching when it gets to the open position?
Bob H
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

I have not had that problem but when I had questions about putting covers over and the lid making contact with the cover , I called the technical service department at the Max fan factory and they were extremely helpful and nice. Give that a try.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #3

Sounds like you need the "operator" for the fan, as Larry said give MaxAir a call with the model & serial # (found on a label on the top side) & they'll fix yoh up. It has to be changed from the roof with a Phillips screwdriver, open the lid & slid the arms out, remove/replace, reattach the arms, done.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Sounds like you need the "operator" for the fan, as Larry said give MaxAir a call with the model & serial # (found on a label on the top side) & they'll fix yoh up. It has to be changed from the roof with a Phillips screwdriver, open the lid & slid the arms out, remove/replace, reattach the arms, done.

Thanks. That's what I thought. But the I thought might have to replace whole unit
BobH
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #5

As said, a fairly easy fix. Had to replace one on our 36RL and have the Kitchen Fan in this 39MB bad, hope to see if I can get the Techs here at the Rally to replace it.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #6

MaxxAir Fans

I would like to thank everyone out there for the help and comments. I did contact MaxxAir and the Tech Coordinator for RV Products, div of Airxcel Inc- Mike Dickey, sent me the part (operator) and easy fix, Unhook the lid remove 2 screws ,put in the new operator and make sure everything is opening and closing proper and your done. Mike was excellent ,plus he sent me the part at NO COST. My Spouse was going on about they should send a spare , so in my comment back thanking Mick for the quick service at no charge I told him what my spouse commented and he is sending me a Spare at No charge. Fantastic people at MaxxAir.
Bob
Old 08-03-2017, 12:39 AM   #7

There were a few changed at the Rally. When the Tech did ours he had a pocket full of them. Everyone agrees they're junk including MaxxAir, but I guess as long as they continue to supply free replacements I'll live with it.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
I would like to thank everyone out there for the help and comments. I did contact MaxxAir and the Tech Coordinator for RV Products, div of Airxcel Inc- Mike Dickey, sent me the part (operator) and easy fix, Unhook the lid remove 2 screws ,put in the new operator and make sure everything is opening and closing proper and your done. Mike was excellent ,plus he sent me the part at NO COST. My Spouse was going on about they should send a spare , so in my comment back thanking Mick for the quick service at no charge I told him what my spouse commented and he is sending me a Spare at No charge. Fantastic people at MaxxAir.
Bob
So far I've had to replace two out of three on my coach. Very easy fix, but WOW, the last one I replaced just disintegrated into many pieces. Bad metal or something?? Picture is attached with new one next to it as an example of what it should look like!

Mike sent me my first one. I just bought the second on my own, $12.50. Part number is 10-20281K-1AF; Operator Mechanism for those needing one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171014_114323.jpg (121.2 KB, 10 views)

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote