Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #1

We have 36 rl, we are on a leveled ground, but anyway we have to re-level every 10 to 15 days. It does not matter what temps are outside, or how many people are in house, it looks to me that the jacks leak even tho there is no "oil stains" on jacks. Does anyone else experience this phenomena?
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John8545
We have 36 rl, we are on a leveled ground, but anyway we have to re-level every 10 to 15 days. It does not matter what temps are outside, or how many people are in house, it looks to me that the jacks leak even tho there is no "oil stains" on jacks. Does anyone else experience this phenomena?
We have a 2011 36rl, we had to re-level every 20 to 25 days. I found out that if you spray silicone on the jacks and recycle them that will help,It has been a year and we have not had to re-level. We are full time and move every 3 to 4 months. When we move before I bring up the jacks I spray them with silicone
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #3

Thank you, and I do same, I spray silicone on them also. But it still happens.
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #4

The landing gear struts on aircraft are chromed and then honed to size and they still leak from time to time it's just the nature of the beastEdited by: Beechguyjim
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #5

The hydraulic fluid could be leaking past a valve and back into the reservoir. I doubt the level in the tank would change enough to notice but you could try leveling the rig then placing a strip of masking tape on the reservoir and marking the fluid level. The next time you feel you need to re-level the rig check the fluid level to see if it's risen above the mark on the tape.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
The hydraulic fluid could be leaking past a valve and back into the reservoir. I doubt the level in the tank would change enough to notice but you could try leveling the rig then placing a strip of masking tape on the reservoir and marking the fluid level. The next time you feel you need to re-level the rig check the fluid level to see if it's risen above the mark on the tape.

Thats a good point if i ever have that problem i will you your tip Thanks

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote