Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #61

good news today got a call from bill at crossroads at 10:30 my time they are going to send us a new LG system. Iasked if they have had alot of recall . he said not to his notlage I then asked what they put in there rushmores guess what its an LG I had a RCA in my HR and never did like that one. my wife will be a realy happy camper. i'm realy pleased with the way this was handled

for thoes of you having so mush trouble with your units, i'm shure it will be handled in due time every body loves the dirt and1 of them cancles out 25 good ones. so far i'm pleased with my unit and would buy another. We almost bought a mobile suite but bang for the buck ,floor plan,and hitch weight this was a good fit just my 2bucbs worth

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #62

one is a happy camper and so amfriday i recieved my lg system from rw so lynne and i though we would give your royal crap of america another shot . being the weather not the best, shoved in the wild hogs movie only to find that about half way thru it just quit playing.need less to say i installed the lg system.now my wife is a happy camper and so am I. thanks guys for the heads up
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #63

I UPGRADED to an RCA in my Montana! It cost me nearly $60.

The factory sound system quit in about 8 minutes. I couldn't believe there was not brand printed on it anywhere and the manual was a photo copy of a typed translated manual. I later found out it was a Qwest 2000 vision something or other. It was too light for a boat anchor, so I tossed it. I didn't tell Montana, or they would have sent me another one.

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #64

how did you figure an rca was an up grade? i had one in my HR for 8 years the whole thime i had it ,i couldunder stand the manual let alone read the tiny print on the dials . we picked our unit off the lot we didn't order it and when my wife saw the rca, she said here we go again .
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #65

I figured the RCA was an upgrade because it cost $60 and it had it's name on front. You really would have had to see the older one from the factory to understand.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #66

We went thru 3 RCAs last summer... ever trip out the same crap... played CDs for an hour or so and then started skipping or stopping. Try to watch a movie... forget it. Finally got an LG from our dealer when we took the unit in to be winterized. We will try that out as soon as it stops SNOWING... 2 more inches tonight and freezing rain!

Planning our 1 yr inspection on Apr 10 and then our first outing the end of April.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #67

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Mine has been replaced with a Samsung and my Toshiba has been replaced with a Samsun too
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #68
Site Team

Our RL came with a RCA. As some have already said, halfway through a movie and it would just stop. Redwood sent me another RCA and as I turned it on it popped and went dead. They then sent me an LG and it has so far worked well.

In the old days RCA was a good product. Remember the old advertising? "The quality goes in before the name goes on".

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #69

RCA were bought out by General Electric in 1986 and GE has probably sourced the name out to China like everyone else.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #70

Dave,

We are having he same problem with our RCA DVD RTB1100. Who do we call now that Brian is not there. Want to get this taken care of. Getting tired of just gettng interested in movie and it cuts off.

Russ & Linda
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #71

Call your dealer, tell them you want to RTV the RCA unit to Redwood and replace it with an LG.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #72

Russ and Linda , Call Cody Willis there in Canton tell him you have the same units the Stanley's had and he should be able to use my pictures to get you new ones...They replaced our RCA with a Samsung and the Toshiba went out too and they have replaced it with a Samsung also...Haven't got to try them out yet they are still working on the rig other items; mostly waiting on parts. They didn't ask me wha I wanted they just got Samsung .....I have both LG and Samsung appliances at home and both have been very relable. By the way how are you doing? Are you going to the Factory Rally in August...Just thought how cool it would be to take a convoy from Texas....We are going
RW36FB
Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Mine needs to be replaced because half way through a movie it just stops and most of the time the remote doesn't work even with the door open.Â* I called the factory and with Brian's help they sent me a new unit.Â* However when I hooked it up just before the trip I'm on now, it just popped and never really turned on.Â* So we installed a new CD machine in the bedroom and we've been watching the movies there.Â* When we get home next week we'll send both units to the factory.
I had the problem with the door having to be opened to work the remote, the dealer made a mini self and raised it a few inches, now It works through the glass.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #74
Site Team

We also placed our DVD player (LG) and Dish DVR on a decorative box and both remotes now work with the doors closed.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #75

Our RCA quit a while back. I called Brians number and got the "new guy", Lenard who took Brians place.After he asked his cohorta couple of questionshe is sending me a new LG system. No problems, should be here in a couple days.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #76

Thanks to everyone for your response.

We have called Cody at Explorer USA in Cantonand he says we have to send pictures to him and he will get it taken care of. He says he has to get the model and SN from the pics. No problem, can do that.

In answer to your question about the August rally. We are seriously thinking about going. Guess we need to make-up our minds and get reservations. Think it would be fun to get to know other RW RVers.

RollsRoyce, what are you plans to go there. When are you planning on leaving, etc. ???

Thanks

Russ & Linda
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #77

John, When you remove the wires be sure to tie them so they can.t fall back behinf or below the unit..Hard to fish out and check your connections for speaker wires so you don;t cross them up.
RW36FB
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #78

the guy i had was bill said he was with crossroad but was handeling things for RW. when i removed the RCA sub woofer i had to cut the wires couldn't get them to move in the wall at all. maybe they were stapled to a stud don't know.the LGsub woofer is smaler then the RCA and the speaper is on the opposite side. I had to mount it up side down so the speaker faced out to the door. color code for the wires is nonexistent so when removing make sure you mark them or go play fish hope this helps
Old 03-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #79

Russ, It is a pain to get a good picture of the s/n on the back of the unit....you need a clear picture an be very careful of the connections for the speakers, they aren't very tight and may come loose and fall down behind the unit. Pain the ass to fish out and reinstall the wires. We probably leave that Wednesday morning unlesss we can get Rachel off Tuesday. Maybe we could get up a convoy. Russ they gave us a Samsung replacement and we had to have the tv replaced too. We didn't know we could choose LG or we would have. Others have and have not been turned down. I would order both in LG units.
RW36FB
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #80

Thanks or the tip! I think my speaker wires are crossed up already,it sounded funny when it worked. Direct tv guy may have messed it up. We'll figure it out, I hope.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote