Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #21

Me toooooo Mike (Fifth Time) We love ours otherwise I wouldn't have choosen this coach over another Big Motorhome. Flaws yes. OVERSITES YES. Pleasure…unmeasurable!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #22

Well said Mike. We would not hesitate to get another one just like our FL. We have to be the luckiest RW owners, so far no problems and knock on wood hope not to have any. Oh I lied. Having trouble greasing the wet bolts, I purchased another grease gun today and will try again tomorrow. Bud. Ps how was yer trip home Mike. Fun minny rally in BR Harbor
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #23

Bud & Lois, when you grease the wet bolts, if you have problems getting some to take grease, try lifting the unit on the jacks some more to take some of the pressure of the bolts. Seems Lippert just installs the bolts with no regard to the grease holes and if they're in the wrong place won't let grease thru with the weight of the unit on them. Dexter is very specific on their kits about the placement of the bolts and the grease holes to ensure the passage of grease.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #24

Thanks. Will do tomorrow morning. Thanks. Bud
Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
This is the same situation where Redwood relies on name-brand component suppliers thathave good specs, but deliverhigh-failureproducts. Our units are assembled from dozens of component suppliers. When I have a big name component fail, I am disappointed in the supplier - especially afterRedwood bends over backwards to make it right. In this case, you should be angry at RCA. Shame on them for "bagging" Redwood with such poor quality product! If anything, Redwood should change suppliers just because they're costing them a fortune.

My Redwood is a beautiful, well-engineered unit that hada number of problems.Several were Redwood's fault that could have been avoided.But the factory has beendoing whatever it takes to make it right regardless of their expense - which surprised me. Even so, I still complained - as you can read from my posts.

But if my unit was stolen, vandalized or wrecked, I would go out and purchase the same exact unit that I own - and I'll bet that 90+% would do the same. Why? because in the end, after the disappointments, warranty repairs and fixing things myself, I just wouldn't be able tofind a higher quality unit with this many features and optionsat thisprice point. Keep in mind, you didn't pay $175,000 for your Redwood - it just looks like you did.

X3 5th_Time

Our 36RL came with an LGDVD playerwith the Dolby 5.1 sound systemand it has worked well so far.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawr&Moe
Grandpa I would say you expect to much in my mind. That said it would seem the the industry is rife with poor workmanship. I have a friend with a Monoco Exectutive & has had many of the same problems we are - he just paid closer to 1/2 mill!

So, are you saying. that no matter how much you spend. they are all pieces of s%^t, because. the RV industrywon't hire quality workers or workers that care. I for one. believe we need laws that govern rvs like the auto industry. this crap has been going on for way to many years.

Lillyputz
Old 07-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #27

While I like the "look" of my 38BR, I have only spent 3 nights in it so far and could not enjoy the sound system.

I have a $24,000 Sante Fe that has not had a single problem in almost 3 years... too bad a company that states they offer state of the art quality full time living units for over 3x the cost has not offered to not recall crap components. I am not prepared to replace it out of my our pocket... that's what a warranty is for.

The stereo is the least of my worries... popping leveling jacks will be the big issue if Lippert does not figure out what to do soon.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #28
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
While I like the "look" of my 38BR, I have only spent 3 nights in it so far and could not enjoy the sound system.

I have a $24,000 Sante Fe that has not had a single problem in almost 3 years... too bad a company that states they offer state of the art quality full time living units for over 3x the cost has not offered to not recall crap components. I am not prepared to replace it out of my our pocket... that's what a warranty is for.

The stereo is the least of my worries... popping leveling jacks will be the big issue if Lippert does not figure out what to do soon.

If you are having any issues that your dealership can notresolveor can not to your liking you can always get in touch with Brian Emmons at the factory he is excellant to deal with. They switched from LG to RCA due to some problems they were having, I too have an RCA and as soon as I have problems I will get in touch with the factory for a replacement. As soon as there more than several RCA problems I suspect they will again look for a better replacement. As for Brian Emmons I am in the process of drafting a letter to the president of the company expressing my pleasure in dealing with him, I sure hope they/we never loose Brian for all our sakes. One of the reasons I chose Redwood was how they support you when your on the "road" as I will never be anywhere near my dealership when I amtraveling

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #29

X4 Mike
My remotes don't work very well changed the batteries a couple times thinking it was something like that because it was new and couldn't be broken already could it? Guess so.
Maybe when we all go out to the Rally and take the factory tour we should take our RCA's to the factory and have them exchanged for a better one. You know it would be a great time to talk with some engineers out there at that time to give them feed back with our concerns and fixes that we as owner have come up with about our Redwoods.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #30

We'er on our second week with a new remote thanks to Brian and his cadry of support. But so far it seems to work whenever it wants. I don't understand electronics. They either should work or not. I still remain optimistic though. We have like some, think of purchasing something else. When you think about it, the unit has to perform many tasks and if one fails your unit is trash.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #31

That"s a good idea. I think we should compile the list in Private Mail though, as I noticed all these posts are searchable through Google and will last long after Redwood applies the fixes. Also, we might consider consolidating down to the "Top 10" or " Top 15", so they know these are defects and not just dozens of anomalies.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to Babby
Great idea, 5th Wheel!
Babby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #33

At least you can play CDs, my RCA will not play CDs!
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
This is the same situation where Redwood relies on name-brand component suppliers thatÂ*have good specs, but deliverÂ*high-failureÂ*products.Â* Our units are assembled from dozens of component suppliers.Â* When I have a big name component fail, I am disappointed in the supplier - especially afterÂ*Redwood bends over backwards to make it right.Â* In this case, you should be angry at RCA.Â* Shame on them for "bagging" Redwood with such poor quality product!Â* If anything, Redwood should change suppliers just because they're costing them a fortune.
Â*
My Redwood is a beautiful, well-engineered unit that hadÂ*a number of problems.Â*Â*Several were Redwood's fault that could have been avoided.Â*Â*But the factory has beenÂ*doing whatever it takes to make it right regardless of their expense - which surprised me.Â* Even so, I still complained - as you can read from my posts.
Â*

Well said 5Th_time

But if my unit was stolen, vandalized or wrecked, I would go out and purchase the same exact unit that I own - and I'll bet that 90+% would do the same.Â* Why? because in the end, after the disappointments, warranty repairs and fixing things myself, I just wouldn't be able toÂ*find a higher quality unit with this many features and optionsÂ*at thisÂ*price point.Â* Keep in mind, you didn't pay $175,000 for your Redwood - it just looks like you did.
Edited by: Lawr&Moe
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #35

We chose the first time we saw it. And we had all the other full dress coaches to compare it too. Yes we have had issues and Brian and our dealer are addressing them. But all in all we love our coach and we don't have to mow the lawn or shovel the snow.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #36

I have a sl31 2012 with a rac rtb1100 dvd player and a 40" toshiba tv. the problem is when the tv is on the dvd will not respone. works ok when the tv is off called rac got noware with them. does anyboby have this problem also?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #37

We did, Redwood replaced it with GL and no problems.
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #38

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

We have had problems with both our Rca Blue Ray which was replaced last week with a Samsung and sometime this week they are replacing the Toshiba TV don't know what brand yet...Guess we will know when they finish everything else and we pick it up
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #39

what was wrong with the tv?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #40

I have been tracking this thread concerning problems with Electronic equipment in Redwoods. As a builder of Home Theater systems, I have some suggestions you may want to try. First, "Heat" is the number one killer of electronics, most people don't realize just how much heat builds up in components and especially when those components are stack. Secondly, glass and remotes don't get along very well. Reason! You will always loss a certain amount of the signal bounced through or off glass or if the angle the the remote is being operated from at too great of an angle. This causes the beam from the remote to not be picked up by the component at all. Thirdly, because electronics install in mobile platforms are de-powered when on the move certain presets are lost (especially the longer the unit is without power). Solutions to some of these problem are thankfully pretty simple. First leave glass doors open or remove them entirely to assist in allowing heat to escape. Don't stack components as this tends to build up heat even faster. I have in some installations used my grandsons building blocks to creat space between stacked units. If you are operating your remote at more than 15 degrees off center this may account for the unreliable operation of the unit. As for the power disruptions I have no solutions at this point, but will talk with some fellow theater builders and see if we can find a solution.

Just for the record I do not plan on having the LG or RCA units installed in our 36FL when ordered. LG maybe but no way to RCA. Hope this helps in some way.
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote