Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #41

No, you are not camping... you're Glamping... Glorious Camping!!!
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #42

we need to replace ours as it died recently. The wife said that it smoked! So, after looking at the rear of the unit, it was manufactured in October of 2010, wow and it was put into a 2013 36RE. Terrible, terrible! So, I am likely going to have to replace out of my pocket? Please tell me which unit you have?
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #43

We have an LG blu-ray in our 2015 38RL.

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #44

When our RCA unit passed on, our extended warranty replaced it with a LG BH6730S surround sound unit. Powerful and works well. Had to use the existing speakers as the newer ones would have hung too low from the ceiling and hit the slide out Fascia when the rooms came in and out.

Our old RCA quit opening the drawer for the discs, either by the remote or the button on the front.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #45

LG Blu Ray;

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Yes the replacement was an LG. So far so good on ours, and it does have wifi
I need to replace our RCA? Can you provide me with the LG model number? Thank you
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwirt74@gmail.com View Post
I need to replace our RCA? Can you provide me with the LG model number? Thank you
Well, my post you quoted is 4-1/2 years old , but ironically I do have the model number - LG - BH6720S. I'm sure it has been discontinued by now.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #47

Can you just replace the Blu Ray player with a.better quality/different model? If so, will the surround sound still.function?.or do you need to replace the Blu Ray player AND add a receiver to get surround sound? I'm.not sure if the Blu Ray player is stand alone, or integrated with a home theatre amp/receiver?

I would also.love to add my WD LIVE HUB media player with a built in hard drive to watch movies I have saved on the HD instead of bringing a box of Blu Ray's with me.Can you hook up directly to.the tv via HDMI? if so, how? Will the surround sound still work? If not I guess I have to replace BOTH the Blu Ray player AND the receiver to have home theatre, Then I can hook the media player up thru one of the the new receivers HDMI ports
I assume I.can keep the same surround speakers?.running all new speaker wires (hidden) looks like a TON of work.
Thanks!! For any and all input!
n2omichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:22 AM   #48

I run my ROKU and WD media player on separate HDMI inputs to my Vizio 4K display and it works great. Also use a stand-alone Panasonic Blu-Ray player and a Yamaha 5.1 receiver powering the installed ceiling speakers.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote