Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #21

Yes I am hopeful I will have the new shop done by next winter also and will have no need to winterize or store the RW outside all winter. It will also be able to be use when we have guests having all the hook ups put in the Shop. The design will be a pull through with doors on each end and 50Ft long. In case I decide in a few years to get the MH we have been looking at.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
Yes I am hopeful I will have the new shop done by next winter also and will have no need to winterize or store the RW outside all winter. It will also be able to be use when we have guests having all the hook ups put in the Shop. The design will be a pull through with doors on each end and 50Ft long. In case I decide in a few years to get the MH we have been looking at.
Leave the key under the mat so while your away I can pull my own guest house through it. I'll leave a check on the counter.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #23

I have heard that from a few of our Friends that Full time. We are going to set up a spot beside the Shop with hook ups so that if someone we know comes into town there is a place for them to stop at.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #24

Quote:
That sounds really nice! We were always able to store ours in a garage and no worries about closing curtains, covering tires, waxing all the time, but - it would sure be nice to have it heated and close to our house.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #25

I have always wanted to build a shop that would hold the RV. I am excited to see it done will break ground in March weather permitting.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #26

Quote:
I have always wanted to build a shop that would hold the RV. I am excited to see it done will break ground in March weather permitting.
Ya me too! I would tend to use the coach a lot more if it was close and I could load the fridge and stuff at leisure. Its kind of an event and takes an extra day to load and unload and go get it.

There are neighborhoods that have them around here - nice heated RV bays with 4-6 car garages, but the houses are huge. I don't need 7 bathrooms as I approach retirement
Old 11-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #27

That's not our house. The house is 1900 sq ft RV bay will be 25' x 50' with a attached 25' x 25" shop. This is on a separate lot next to the house. Plan is that if we want to in the future we can sell the house and change the 25' x 25" into a small apartment to use as a home base. For now it will be unfinished space with a small bathroom.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #28
Site Team

We were really disappointed a few months ago. We had bought a 1 acre lot and had Morton Builders design a barn for us that was going to be 36x72. We were going for the heated floors and the full insulation package. But the zoning board wouldn't let us build the barn without also building a house first. We were pretty bummed about it.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #29

We had the same issue so finished the house on one lot and put the barn on the second lot took some work to get it to work. Now when we go to sell we can sell the house and the Shop will be on a different lot and had Zoning approval. No Hurry though I have at least 7-8 years until I will retire.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:46 AM   #30

For some reason I thought yours was completed Dave.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:39 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
For some reason I thought yours was completed Dave.
It should have been with all the time and money invested. It turned out to be a very frustrating experience. The size was adjusted and re-drawn a few times trying to make everyone happy. Now I'll decide this spring what to do with the lot.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
It should have been with all the time and money invested. It turned out to be a very frustrating experience. The size was adjusted and re-drawn a few times trying to make everyone happy. Now I'll decide this spring what to do with the lot.
That might explain the place I saw a few months ago near us - in the middle of all these small horse properties with huge houses is a 35 acre lot with a house that was not much more than drive through RV garage with an attached apartment. He must have hit the same dilemma. I assume his plan was to move in with the RV and start building his house, but decided to abandoned the idea.

Well, sorry to hear about the frustration. It's just never easy it seems.