Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #21

Obsolete

Amen, Brad. When we were buying our 38RL at the end of this last January, they kept saying "That's on the new 2015". I said, "Isn't THIS a new 2015?". To which the reply was, "Yes, it is. But I meant the new, new 2015". Proves your point!

Kent & Mindy
Isabelle & Elliebelle Miniature Schnauzers
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2015 RW 38RL
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I think part of the RV industries challenge is the ever changing design. Nothing seems to stay the same on an RV over about 3 years. It's hard to let something prove itself out if it never gets the chance.

In contrast - Toyota is has an extremely high reputation for quality - almost to a religious following. Yet they are absolutely the slowest to ever make any kind of change. They lose market in the horsepower race, but they get by because they never have to reprove themselves.

RVs are a continuous flow of change. My 2014 is nearly antiquated. When we bought our 2007 Montana, the 6 year old company had already changed the frame size and frame design 3 times, axle companies and suspension twice, the roof design was changed from flat, to bowed front to back, to bowed side to side in 3 drastic design changes. Cabinetry and countertops changed twice in the same year. Each of these changes are typically for the better, but they create a whole new set of problems they haven't encountered yet. Sure, our 2007 was a cure for many of the 2006 woe's, but was also the beginning of a whole new set of problems for 2007 as a result of the cure.

The only thing you can really count on with RVs is if something bothers you about the one you look at, wait 6 months and it will be different on the next one.
Yep Brad ........unfortunately it's called marketing. Same analogy as the IPhone..... my wife just traded in her 4s for the "new 6plus" and Apple is due to release the "new" 6s this fall. It's a way for companies to take advantage of our never ending desire to "treat ourselves" to the newest most updated toy. My (on order) 2016 39MB will be ancient in a year or two & I know that ........oh well as they say " you can't take it with you". Either spend the bucks now or your kids and or govt. will do it for you later.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote