Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Problems with 36 footer

i just got my 36 re about 2 months ago...since I've had it I've replaced 2 jacks...hot water thermostat..had to fix shower door water catcher....water leak on kitchen faucet....and currently replacing all my ceiling light because they won't come on unless you tap them or twist them....has anybody else had these kinda problems I'm kinda bummed out you pay this kinda money and to have these problems...brian at redwood has been great with sending me new items and I've installed everything myself its just the point

Old 08-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #2

Before you change out the ceiling bulbs, I think you should look for a common juncture in the wiring.

One day, I found a ceiling lightthat would not turn on with the rest of them. When I changed the bulb,it still wouldnot light. So I unscrewed the fixture from the ceiling and as soon as I moved it, they all went out. Turns out the black wire just fell out of the beige wire nut above the light fixture. I put the black wires back together andretwisted the original wirenut and everything has been fine since.

I think that Brian has his hands full with this type of issue. Redwood is a small company with alimited number of people.Hard to believe productiondoesn't trace down who's making errors on the line and say "what the ____".
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.u.219welder
i just got my 36 re about 2 months ago...since I've had it I've replaced 2 jacks...hot water thermostat..had to fix shower door water catcher....water leak on kitchen faucet....and currently replacing all my ceiling light because they won't come on unless you tap them or twist them....has anybody else had these kinda problems I'm kinda bummed out you pay this kinda money and to have these problems...brian at redwood has been great with sending me new items and I've installed everything myself its just the point

Welcome to the redwood family.

Lillyputz

Old 08-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #4

well they just sent me all new fixtures so ill spend a day putting them all in and ill make sure all the wires are connected...thanks for the reply
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #5

I have had the same issues with my 36RE plus the bedroom slide leaks water onto the floor by the bathroom door when it rains, the dining room slide has a bent bracket that keeps the slide from coming in all the way and a service dept that does not know how to put on the electrical recall piece the factory sent them. We have been fighting these things since March. Still waiting on 4 rear jacks to be replaced, both slides to be fixed, the toilet has been repaired 3 times and needs replaced, the hot water tank leaks water at times and the recall issue corrected. I have been to 2 different service depts and still cannot seem to get these items corrected. I am thinking my next step is a trip to the factory at RW expense.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #6

Not a real problem, but something to be aware of and watch. If you have an RL or FB (may affect other model) watch the pin that locks the Tele in place. There is a threaded collar that holds the pin in place. We just returned from the Vermont Samboree to find the Tele swinging in the breeze. Seems that collor vibrated out, which allow the pin to drop out also, thus now nothing to hold the arm and tele in place. Maybe a little Locktite or silicone sealer on the threads of the collar to keep it in place.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #7

Thanks Michelle. I'll check this.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #8

wow i thought maybe i got a lemon...have u talked to redwood about fixing the problems...a friend of mine just got back from cedar creek factory his frame broke at the welds coming home from denver...they repaired frame new awning new axles rims and the goodyear g16 tires...i mean hooked him up i just wonder if redwood would to same
Old 08-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #9

From my own and all the experiences I've read, Redwood would definitely do the same and even more.

Even though some of their suppliers are putting them through the wringer right now, you can't find a back office team more committed to fixing your issues.When it comes to doing the right thing,Redwood never says "no". Knowing that you won't have to argue and threaten, just to get what you've paid for, makes the occasional defectseem less daunting.

When you call, you know they will do anything needed to make it right. Most everyone here has had that experience. It's refreshing...Edited by: 5th_Time

Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #10

My only issue on our 38 BR so far has been a bind in the front and rear screen door in the top outboard corner. Have not tried to fix it yt but I should be able to just loosen screws and adjust the screws. All other systems seem ok except the RCA unit that still freezes 30 minutes into a movie. I am seriously considering putting my Playstation in the trailer so I can play Rock Band on rainy days too...

Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #11

Brad, I have the same issue on the RL screen door. Let us know what your remedy is.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
From my own and all the experiences I've read, Redwood would definitely do the same and even more.

Even though some of their suppliers are putting them through the wringer right now, you can't find a back office team more committed to fixing your issues.When it comes to doing the right thing,Redwood never says "no". Knowing that you won't have to argue and threaten, just to get what you've paid for, makes the occasional defectseem less daunting.

When you call, you know they will do anything needed to make it right. Most everyone here has had that experience. It's refreshing...
I agree with you on this. I'm at the factory right now camping in their parking lot so they can fix my slid-in-slide early tomorrow. They had been VERY easy to work with and I'd recommend this company to anybody. My biggest worry right now is that my wife may end up wanting a "BR" model so I may have to start all over again.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #13

BRs are great! When you have an office you can work from ANYWHERE!!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #14

Happy Campers -

I don't really want to drive the distance to return my 34SK to the dealer for repairs, and leave it for an indeterminate about of time wondering if anything is actually being done. There are a number of RVers living in the Ding Dong area who utilize theexcellentservices of Richard Girouard from Waco. He was recommended by the Service Managers of ExploreUSA in Kyle and Seguin. He will come to your location and deals with Redwood warranty issues. You can contact him atAtlasrvrepair@aol.comor 254-447-0696.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #15

Thank you very much Ding Dong Duo. Great info.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #16

All,

Almost finished our 30 day trial of full timing. We have put 4500 km or 2800 mi on our Redwood pulling it thru Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. New F350 diesel started with 9.4 mpg... we are now getting 12.9 or better and have seen plenty of hills. We have the following issues to address at our dealer when we return:

1. Crown molding in bedroom bowed out 1.25" from wall. I assume this is due to humidity.
2. Cedar trim molding pulled away from ceiling wall joint in closet due to humidity.
3. Bedroom window bracket broken (red handle fire escape model) need to use a nickel to keep it open
4. Second RCA unit acts up when playing CDs and movies
5. Bedroom door window trim rubs against second AC controller. Finish is rubbed off the size of a dime.
6. Stair trim popping off... pushed nails back in several times... needs to be glued and nailed.
7. Molding stip on wall to celing joint above utility cupboad pulled away from wall.

Had to check and inflate G rated tires twice... no issues with wheel nuts or rims... touch wood!

Anyone else having issues with trim loose or swelling?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #17

My 2012 36FL will be 1 year this month. My shower door has never worked properly it has somehow slipped down andknow you have to lift the door to clear bottom ledge.( I will have to call someone to fix it)I also had to fix the shower door water catcher when I first got the unit.. Also had to replace the hot water heating element. Got reimbursed from Redwood but I had to pay service charge. I hadthe same problems with the ceiling lights. Since replacing most of the bulbs (which are $7 for two)the new onesseem to be working ok.I know these things aren't from moving around since I'm not traveling.
adravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #18

I have not taken delivery of my new RW34SK as someone at the factory did not install the common wire properly at the 50 amp hook-up. As a result 220 volts went through the coach and wiped out the microwave and red deveil central vac. I know they are increasing production but these are simple mistakes that should not happen.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #19

Bradpajax a piece of my corner molding in the front did fall off, but it was easy to tack back up. Mine just came loose traveling down the road.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399

I have not taken delivery of my new RW34SK as someone at the factory did not install the common wire properly at the 50 amp hook-up. As a result 220 volts went through the coach and wiped out the microwave and red deveil central vac. I know they are increasing production but these are simple mistakes that should not happen.

HMmmm. This sounds familiar. When we drove all the way to FL. to take delivery of ours. When we asked to see it we were told that it was still in prep and would be out shortly. So we went and got the paper work out of the way. Wont do that again lesson learned. Come to find out after a 3 hour wait we too had a electrical problem along with a couple other things. We were told that for some reason we lost the washing machine and the central vac. They figured the problem was from the washing machine. They replaced both and fixed other things over the next 3 days and we were finally on our way north with our new home.
Good Luck! Make sure you have 2 batteries before you leave. Mistake #2 that I made. I saw 2 battery boxes figuring there were 2 batteries in there. WRONG! Only one so check before you leave.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote