Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 AM   #1

Thumbs up Passenger Slide out floor leak when traveling

Hello out there in Redwood land.

I've had my 2012 36RE for two years and love the rig, generator, washer dryer and all the bells and whistles.

This is the first issue that has me stumped. When are traveling and its raining out and drive through water puddle (most recently Texas), the carpet on the passenger side floor, dining table area gets wet on the non-slide floor.

Only thing I can find is RW cut a section of rubber out where the slide rail gear passes through the frame.

Should I fill tht in with rubber flashing? Any thoughts on this or experience with it would be appreciated.

We bought our rig used and have not regretted it our third fifth wheel, last one was a Sunnybrook had that one for 12 years very good rig. Too bad they got bought up by Winnebago.

Thanks,

Rob & Cheryl - Recently retired.
Rcary59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:13 AM   #2

Make sure that rubber piece is up under the metal retaining/clamp strip the entire length of the slide. We had a section on our '12 RL that pulled out and gave us a small leak. Loosened that strip and positioned the rubber section back under where is belonged and solved our issue.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #3

any other things u had go wrong with this rig ? I have the same model 36re,2012

seems i have been all over this thing fixing many items constant flow of parts and labor to just about any component i have a lot of knowledge bout this guy, fixin to go into another tub of parts soon.
more upgrades comng

let me know
i like this floor plan also it has everything i need also

karl b.
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #4

Thumbs up

No other issues so far, love the the heat pump. Woke up to 30's in Arizona.

Took me a while to get the self leveling hydraulic system figured out. That said it works great and gives you the option of manual adjustments so we can stay hooked up for early morning get away.

One minor issue the ice maker stops making ice occasionally due to an electronic switch on the frig control board, earth magnet placed on the switch for 30 seconds solved the problem. I got that fix through the forum I believe it was a year or so ago while in Nashville.

Once i figure out the wheel well leak on the passenger side I'll post the solution.
Rcary59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #5

Repair Lists:

Ive had the frig board switch ,magnet deal occur also,
Dinosaur boards.com, cheaper oem, improved resettable replacement frig boards

been doing plumbing when i bought it, new single handle delta magnetic high arc sprayer with soap dispenser for kitchen island and moen faucets upgrades for bath sink

big inline inlet filter installed too

shower faucet was leaking around rear gasket new silicone ok now,
oxygenics shower head, new stainless shower drain and strainer

shower door sweep replacement and recaulk shower fresh silicone added all stainless screws everywhere as needed

had all plastic cheapo water heater bypass valve split wide open, dripping, during freezing weather replaced with swan all brass valve ,sharkbite all brass fittings where possible

and all led ceiling fixture electrical upgrades , no more halogens,
Diamond Group 52525 4" 36-Diode LED Down Light with Frosted Glass very brite
Diamond Group 52445 3" 15-Diode LED Down Light with Frosted Glass
exact OEM Frosted glass 5 year warranty too, not plastic lens for my camper little pricey but looks correct match

latest deal installing leviton black usb 110v plugs under island for phone charging and in bedroom

ice maker line replacement is next, split wide open right by fitting , change that out if original vinyl, it is junk.

had the flex drain line under bed pedestal for washer drain come apart also cheesy connection method not strong flooded bedroom carpet, check this very important if u use washer, let me know ill tell u how i fixed it,

had the skylight corner hairline crack resealed dicor ,also have new one here to install soon
replaced old stepped on and bent floor heat registers and put new foil tape in ducts as needed adhesive letting go.

need to repaint resticker end caps r sun faded

removed old dicor on top of roof rail recaulked with fresh dicor pulled away from dirt and sun
all new d bulb above slides sun destroyed also

dicor on slide taped corners

eternabond and dicor on roof endcap seams

waterheater maintainance all new parts, switch anodes and elements

toilet all new parts many overhauls

Ac roof gasket also ready to replace too on rear and service both ac units

black tank valve gasket wore out new gate valve oiled cable as it was very stiff and dry
grey tanks soon new gasket kits

newest deal slides hyd cylinders r pitted with scale from humidity swab em with grease or coat with LPS 3 or corrosion block spray to protect them while extended over time silicone didnt work to well due to my excessive work schedule.

think of more as it comes to me
see what my spare time involves
redwood repair guy
full timing 3 years now coming home for maintainance by my shop

am away from my camper for a few days but will compare your issue to mine when it gets back home next week

karl b.
austin tx
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote